6 months ago
The role of ITO Systems Engineer - MC&DS (STRUCTURAL) is an important role within the business. The primary responsibility of the ITO Systems Engineer - MC&DS (Structural) supports the technical contribution for pursuit of new subsea projects. The technical support function will execute subsea tenders/feeds/quotes on a global basis as and when required.
The Applications Engineer has the responsibility for reviewing and understanding client technical specifications, selecting suitable designs and producing technical information for cost generation. The Applications Engineer is heavily involved in writing technical data specifications for Manifold, connection and Distribution systems for submission for the FEED / tenders and quotes.
The key responsibilities of the MC&DS (STRUCTURAL) Applications Engineer is to support the commercial team in producing a viable commercial offering, understanding and mitigating risk, interfacing with project execution teams and finally acting as a front end technical ambassador for the Subsea ITO organisation.
* Ensure compliance with company and Industry specifications relating to the design and build of subsea equipment.
* Minimise risk to the Health, Safety and Environmental impact as a result of the design, manufacture and operation of equipment
* Take a lead role in the technical execution of Subsea tenders/feeds/quotes, ranging from system level offerings to individual orders.
* Ensure compliance in the execution of the design taking direction from the proposal manager and the ITO Lead System Engineer, ensuring that the Subsea ITO Technical Process is adhered too, design reviews, CTRS, BOM’s
* Review of client technical specifications
* Produce technical write-ups, Equipment Overview Sheets & Product Data Sheets.
* Produce pricing BOM’s
* Review and execute clarifications within tender execution, pre-submittal and post-submittal
* Work with and supplement if necessary the ITO Subsea Designers for input into the execution of drawings for tenders, P&ID’s, general assembly drawings
* Interface with the Manifold and connection systems OTR Product and Projects group for technical support and approvals on design
* Interface with the Manifold and connection systems Product platform for strategy understanding of design
* Communicate with vendors for the supply of third party equipment
* Communicate with peers in the sharing of knowledge
* Strong product and or Engineering design experience
* Provenindustry experience
* Some Product Design experience in Manifold and connection systenms’s Engineering
* Product Design experience in Oilfield Drilling and/or Production Equipment.
* Proven track record of achievement in previous roles.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills. Travel where required (nationally and internationally) for technical clarification meetings, presentations to clients
* Ability and willingness to obtain passport and visas for international travel
* Problem solving skills
* Experience with development, set up and executing of Qualification and Reliability Testing
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Successful completion of the EEDP (Edison Engineering Development Program, only for GE)
* Experience managing engineering programs though full life cycle
* Previous experience in FEED/Tendering
* Commercial and contracts experience
* Effective Problem-solving skills
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: United Kingdom; Bristol OR Epsom
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.