11 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
The Service Designer is a customer facing role that leads on the definition and design of the specific service integration and management solutions. The purpose of this role is to design service integration and management solutions based on customer requirements and service deliverables. Solutions should include strategic alignment, capturing requirements or obligations and defining service solutions against these requirements. The role will also focus on development of interim and future operating models and service performance contract compliances.
This will include:
- Taking ownership of the definition and design of specific service support integration and management solutions
- Gathering requirements for customers and business to ensure relevant input into opportunity qualification
- Engaging and influence operational stakeholders to ensure successful adoption and implementation of new services
- Producing Scope of Works, bid text and Service High Level Design documents to a high standard
- Supporting Service Design team members in developing the overall technical and service solution and help to shape and define client requirements
- Interfacing with Service Transition and Service Design to ensure service design packages are sufficient to enable Service Transition to commence
The successful candidate will have experience in Service Design and/or Service Architecture within large, complex organisations. You will ideally be ITIL V3 Service Design qualified or have strong working knowledge and be able to demonstrate experience of converting customer business needs to solutions involving business Service Design and Portfolio.
This is a strategically important role for the department as the successful candidate will help to shape the strategy and direction of the business, working with senior stakeholders across the organisation.