about 1 month ago
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM has embarked on a major internal sales transformation program, to rethink its sales processes for its sellers, sales managers, and channel partners using Salesforce Sales Cloud.As Iteration Manager, you will be the guardian of the Agile delivery team, helping to ensure the optimal working of the team through a combination of coaching, resolution of impediments, and communication. You will play a servant-leader role, supporting the Development team, Product Owner and wider organisation in Agile ways of working. You will have the opportunity to impact people’s thinking, and shape the culture and behaviours of this team and beyond.
Essential skills and experience
You have proven experience as Iteration Manager or Scrum Master in IT software or similar projects, with experience of successfully:
* Coaching teams in effective use of the Scrum events: Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Retrospective.
* Resolving conflict with a continual focus on the Scrum values of openness, honesty, commitment, courage and respect.
* Collaborating effectively with the Product Owner and customer organisation supporting the management of the Product Backlog and planning deliverables based on empirical data.
* Training the Development team in effort estimation, iteration planning for reliable delivery and making visible all work being done in the team.
* Executing iteration and release planning with a view to deliver maximum value as early as possible.
* Understanding individual and group interactions and facilitating conversations towards consensus aligned to relevant goals and priorities.
* Working with the Product Owner and Development team to define sprint goals aligned to business value and the health of the organisation.
* Shielding the Development team from external interruptions and distractions
* Tracking and removing impediments that would otherwise slow the Development team down.
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
* Facilitating the presentation of the increment (feature presentation) from the sprint to the key stakeholders.
* Providing guidance to the team on how to self-organise
* Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
IBM believes in progress — that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. We strive to put the client first, share expertise, and restlessly reinvent to build innovative solutions for our customers. We embrace diversity and value what individuals add to our culture. Our global teams solution complex problems through teamwork, invention, and iteration to create original ideas that drive technology and society forward.
We are looking for the right person to join our cross-functional agile software development team. As an Agile delivery organization, our mission is to deliver best-in-class systems and tools that differentiate us from our competitors and help our Business Partners win in the marketplace. Our future is on the cloud, with Artificial Intelligence adding real, transformational value.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Strong knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
* Evidence of having coached teams to follow an agile framework successfully
* Strong emotional intelligence and empathy
* Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
* Strong knowledge of Agile theory, rules and practices
* Knowledge and awareness of other Agile frameworks and software development processes: Kanban, FDD, Extreme Programming practices, DevOps
* Application of metrics as KPIs for continual, incremental delivery of value and team improvement
* An appreciation and understanding that Iteration Manager is quite a different role to that of a Project Manager.
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Professional Scrum Master 1 (PSM1), or equivalent.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
* 2.1 in an analytical degree
* Exposure to development of cloud based enterprise systems with a significant number of users
* Experience and knowledge of user facilitation techniques
* Knowledge of business requirements prioritisation techniques, i.e. MoSCoW prioritisation
* Assessing the Agile Maturity of the team and organisation and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
* Higher level of agile project management certification a plus.
* Experience of project management and delivery tracking tools, specifically JIRA, certification a plus.
About Business Unit
We, at the IBM Chief Information Office (CIO) are a dynamic group of business, strategy and technology professionals, who provide top-of-the-line industry consulting, application and business process delivery, and follow agile values and principles. CIO is at the forefront of the digital reinvention of key applications used across IBM globally, providing value-led and asset-powered end-to-end solutions.
We are a cross-functional organization that provides IT applications and infrastructure services to IBM Business Units and to IBMers worldwide. Our mission is to provide a productive environment for everyone at IBM. We do this by leading with Design to drive simplicity and ease of use, Engineering the systems that own the business, and Innovating to transform the business. We continually Deepen our Agile practices while ensuring we Secure the Enterprise.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
LONDON, CITY OF
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Technical Sales Architect & Specialist
Role ( Job Role )
Client Technical Specialist
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
(8660) IBM United Kingdom Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?