8 months ago
IT Technical Business Analyst
United Kingdom, United States - New Jersey
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack for analyzing IT business processes? Are you able to manage projects efficiently? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– conduct requirements-gathering activities, like evaluating services, using a variety of internal and external data and conducting end user interviews
– define user stories and assist with writing up test cases and perform the testing alongside users
– determine required IT business solutions and assist in implementing them
– work with the global Performance Measurement teams and vendors to migrate accounts to new strategic platforms
– work with the benchmark teams and vendors to identify key fund index providers and benchmark requirements
– assist in quality control and project management
– identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
– support software engineers and our offshore QA team by describing the business processes, including the organizational structures involved
You’ll be working in the Core IT team in the Asset Management domain. We are a small friendly team in Weehawken supporting the Investment Performance teams spanning London/Zurich/Chicago and New York predominantly.
Your experience and skills
– a university degree in an analytical field like engineering, mathematics, accounting, finance or information technology, MBA in finance a plus
– a comprehensive understanding of performance measurement and attribution within the asset management business
– at least one of: Equity or Fixed Income Attribution or Multi-asset attribution
– experience of composites and benchmark calculations
– the ability to interpret a set of technical requirements and develop robust solutions
– an understanding of the software development lifecycle
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
– strong SQL skills to allow for data investigation and deep dive
– CIPM, FRM, CFA designation a plus
– passionate about supporting the development of IT systems and applications
– technically savvy with an appreciation for IT capability
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
– known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
– fluent in English and are a great communicator
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.