about 1 month ago
IT Software Engineer
Evidence Lab Innovations, Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a key role in the delivery of technology solutions for a growing and exciting UBS business? Have you proven ability to design, develop and deploy complex applications? We’re looking for an IT Software Engineer to develop software solutions for complicated business requirements, contribute to solution architecture and engage well with your team and partner teams.
Your background will be in engineering and you will be passionate about building and delivering robust and scalable systems. Are you capable and confident of operating at every level of an enterprise grade client-facing system?
We are looking for someone to help us
• build an exceptional and differentiating user experience for UBS clients
• collaborate with other teams and improve team culture
• improve testing and automation; you will be passionate about DevOps
UBS Evidence Lab is a ground-breaking approach to Investment Research – using data to provide truly unique evidence-based investment advice. Presenting this wealth of data to clients is a significant technical challenge on a number of levels – this will be your focus.
You will be working in the Evidence Lab Technology team, in London. You will be part of the newly formed and evolving 'Distribution' team, responsible for all client-facing software development within Evidence Lab.
The technology stack consists of a repository database (Postgres), a client-facing REST API (NodeJS & Java) and a front-end built on UBS’s award-winning Neo platform (React). We are in the early phases of a Cloud migration to Azure. Evolving this architecture will form a crucial first objective for you.
You will have:
• strong analytical & problem-solving skills
• experience of large-scale enterprise software design & development
• considerable system integration experience and complex system design
• web framework experience, most likely in a modern JS framework such as React
• some experience of microservices development and REST API's
• some degree of Cloud experience, ideally but not necessarily Microsoft Azure