7 months ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Kiel , Germany
This role is primarily based at Moenchengladbach, Germany and Kiel , Germany but working away at other sites will be required as requirements dictate.
Offering 3rd line desktop support to enterprise users of Microsoft windows operating systems & hardware peripherals.
Design and installation of business and corporate Local Area Network infrastructure.
You will be a team player with a flexible approach to working, supporting site installations, moves, adds and changes (IMAC). Installation and support for network, telephony equipment. Travelling to other QinetiQ/MOD sites will be required supporting the wider support teams and projects.
• On site IT representative & focal/escalation point for all local IT issues
• 3rd line desktop support to enterprise users
• Building and delivery of new desktop/laptop hardware & peripheral
• Supporting local area network infrastructure
• Managing of the helpdesk call system tickets (Resolve)
• Management of DAMS (desktop asset management system)
• Fault diagnosis/fix of corporate and standalone PC systems and peripherals
• Remotely assist network management teams with “remote hands” for fault diagnosis/fix of the corporate data & voice networks and cabling infrastructure.
• Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
• Carry out field support for project.
• Working with, and in some cases supervising sub-contractors, as required
• Ensure configuration management is maintained.
• Carry out surveys for new installations such as Network Equipment rooms, racks, cabling and wifi.
• Carry out field Installation Moves And Changes (IMACS) of the voice/data network.
• To undertake other duties as directed by the Team Lead.
• Self Motivating
• Corporate mobile devices
• Delivery of centrally managed IT project work.
• Contractor control
• Comply with good practice installation standards including configuration control processes
• Supporting Audio Video (AV) and Video Conferencing (VC) facilities
• Health and safety of self and others
• Commitment to set, achieve and maintain a high quality service.
• To be relied upon to take a task through from conception to completion.
• Shows the commitment and ability to identify and understand the current and future needs of the customer, and be willing to go that ‘extra step’ to ensure the individual customer’s needs are met.
• Must have the ability to work and communicate well as part of a team and to be able to work on own initiative.
• Adapts to changing demands and conditions.
• Takes responsibility for own development and actively pursues learning and development opportunities.
• Be able to work under pressure.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Customer focus and vision
• Drive and determination
• Planning and organising
• Coaching of other team members
• Good problem and analytical skills
• Flexible approach to working
Experience & Qualifications
• Accreditations and qualifications to include:
o Health and Safety (IOSH Managing Safely, Working at heights, Asbestos, Confined spaces & Manaual Handling) etc.
o Emergency First Aid at Work
o Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or equivalent Qualifications
o IOS, Linux and other operating systems
o ITIL V3 intermediate certificate
o Certified Network Infrastructure Technician (CNIT)
o Comptia Cloud +
o Comptia Mobility +
o Comptia Security +
o Comptia network +
o Comptia A+
• Demonstrable IT Infrastructure knowledge including:
o Configuration of network attached equipment
o Configuration control
o BSEN 50173/50174
o Structured Cabling.
o Network Equipment Rooms
o AV & VC equipment
• Microsoft Office applications
• PC, laptop and printer hardware repair
• Local Area Networking
• Support of Wireless Networks
• CCTV systems
• Access Control systems
• Alarm integration
• Surveying – pricing and costing IT installations
• Managing office moves and Business as Usual (BAU) Projects.
• Service Management Ticketing – Resolve
• Working in the construction environment including Construction Design Management (CDM) regulations
• Managing Contractors
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
• SC cleared essential
• Full driving licence essential