about 1 year ago
AutoReq ID 134841BR
Job Title IT Services - Engineering Manager
Country United Kingdom
Function KPMG Business Services
Service Line ITS
Service Line Information Over 1,000 people make up KPMG Business Services and they all play a key part in the firm's success. Whether they're in finance, procurement, HR, facilities, marketing or IT, they provide crucial support to the people who work in our UK offices. Flexibility and adaptability. These are just a couple of the things KPMG looks for in its IT Services team. We're a function of KPMG Europe LLP and, as such, we're a group that constantly needs to deliver a highly-flexible, customer-focused service in response to the changing needs of the business.
KPMG Overview KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Business Unit: IT Services
Reporting Manager: Head of Programme & Project Delivery
Work Location: Watford
Travel Required: Yes
As a Technical Delivery Manager within the UK IT Services Programme & Project Delivery team, this role will primarily be responsible for providing support for project activities in the build and release of the following core KPMG services:
- Servers Storage and Backup
- Voice and Video Platforms
- Server Operating Systems
- MS Exchange/Exchange Online
- Server & Desktop Imaging
- Server Virtualisation
- Management and Monitoring Systems
- Audit Applications and other related services.
- Cloud Technologies
- Data Integration – ESB & API
- Process Automation
- Data Analytics
This role will be responsible for managing the overall Engineering function as well as the testing function, leveraging a testing managed service with KPMG’s outsourced partner for delivery across the projects portfolio.
The role requires an experienced Technical Delivery Manager, with a strong background in managing technical teams. The individual will be able to demonstrate good broad technical knowledge, to a level where they can challenge and support technical decisions being made by their team.
The role reports to the Head of Solutions.
- Provide capacity management, ensuring systems are capable of delivering services without unsustainable excessive utilisation.
- Resource Management of the team.
- Monitor and report on performance of the team against project delivery KPI’s.
- Liaise with internal and external service line managers to understand changes to the technology and service constraints.
- Provide input into the project budgets, highlighting necessary investment to ensure the technology roadmaps are adhered to.
- Work with Technical Architecture to understand and input into the overall IT services technology strategy and understand future skills requirements.
- Providing assistance for KPMG IT Services partners in the delivery of their solutions to customers, including support for run operations where required;
- Be a role model to other members of the team, by demonstrating professional attitude and behaviour at all times.
- Identification of improvement in terms of operational efficiency of the various IT systems.
- Implement, develop and evolve the ITS testing team and overall service along with core 3rd party supplier
- Production of operational documentation for new systems, or updated existing documentation to reflect changes as a result of upgrades etc.
- Provision and presentation of management information to departmental senior management.
- Management of escalated complaints and feedback ensuring any are responded to in a professional manner.
- Manage the provision of services from third-party infrastructure services suppliers as per project demands.
- Significant demonstrable experience of technical delivery experience of working in a recognised industry or preferably professional services.
- The candidate will be able to describe examples of the successful transition of new services from projects to operations through core operational acceptance.
- Experience of working on multiple projects with non-dedicated resources working with resource managers.
- Experience working with offshore development and testing partners
- Experience working with technical teams, such as: Infrastructure, Network, Security, VMware, HyperV, Storage & Backup, Citrix and Database Administrators
- Have a strong customer focus, well developed influencing skills and the ability to work in a fast moving environment with rapidly evolving targets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Capability of working with people at all levels within and external to the business.
- Be able to think strategically, and be able to translate thinking into tangible plans to drive the business to achieve its agreed goals.
- An ability to demonstrate good thinking and influencing skills to your team and stakeholders within the Business Unit.
- Able to operate fully in a business facing role, whilst having the technical competence to lead the IT technical teams.
- Experience of working with offshore development and testing partners and having driven change using a matrix managed set of geographically dispersed teams.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a technically related subject or equivalent experience in a business or IT environment.
- Experience of working within a project deployment environment.
- Ability to quickly react to changes in project demand and change within individual projects.
- Must take ownership of key issues and activities and manage the expectations of key stakeholders around timely delivery.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to Partner level.
- Driven and passionate with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player with strong problem solving and technical skills who enjoys helping people.
- Resilience, with high focus on ‘getting the job done’.
- High energy, flourishes in fast pace, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work under pressure dealing with a high volume of change.
- Ability to report at senior level across multiple processes, focusing on key data.
- Ability to develop and leverage strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to act on own initiative but also able ask for guidance when appropriate.
- Be a role model to other members of the team, by demonstrating a professional attitude and behaviour at all times.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and identify areas within ITS that these could be used.
- Relevant professional certifications within the specific technical specialist area.
- ITIL Foundation
Our Deal If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
Flexible Working While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.
Consulting, Manager, Marketing Manager, Network Security, Database, Technology, Management, Marketing, Security