4 months ago
* Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
* Education: Master's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
* Job ID: 17073979
A motivated and organized senior manager with substantial AML domain expertise and AML monitoring and investigation technology experience to manage a portfolio of programs with technology deliveries for the EMEA region.
The EMEA Regional Head Role for AML Monitoring and Investigation Technology organization is responsible the EMEA portfolio of programs that provides technical solutions for AML Monitoring and Investigations. The AML Monitoring and Investigations organization is part of the firm’s second line of defense.
AML Monitoring and Investigations Technology provides the technical solutions to; detect money laundering and terrorist financing, facilitate the Financial Investigative Unit (FIU) in the interrogation of suspicious events, support the quality assurance of operational processes and the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports with regulatory agencies. The EMEA Regional Head is the primary contact for all senior AML M&I leadership in the region as well as the first point of contact for regional regulatory and audit inquiries.
The EMEA Regional Head role reports into the Global Head for AML Monitoring and Investigations and is a key member of the Global Management team. In addition to providing oversight and direction for all AML M&I EMEA technical programs, the role includes the oversight of the Switzerland CPB Technology team across Compliance Technology including; AML Screening and Surveillance. The EMEA Regional Head also is the global lead for AML M&I UAT activities.
• Regularly meets Compliance regional leaders and project stakeholders to get buy-in for the group’s solutions, negotiate deliverables and timelines, and present how the technology vision enables the business to get their own deliverables met.
• Manages a team of 60 technology professionals located across four countries.
• Manages a portfolio of over 40 projects including 5 Consent Order commitments.
• Responsible for managing technical incidents and the IMR (Incident Management Resolution) process.
• Key contact for regional and in-country Line of Business technology leads that provide key data for AML monitoring and investigations.
• Global lead for Technology UAT testing strategy.
• Works closely with regional counterparts to ensure consistency of M&I deliveries.
• Represents the EMEA regions including business and regulatory requirements as input into the global solutions.
• Is the primary party responsible for staffing development leads; for the choice of vendors and sub-contractors; and for the relationships with professional service providers.
• Ensures the technology projects are completed on time and within budget and aligned to Citi’s technical and business strategy.
• Provides the overall vision, technical direction and establishes the group’s technology implementation of the AML Monitoring and Investigations program in the region. Owns the master plans for the EMEA regional and EMEA in country platform and coordinates projects to ensure goals are met smoothly and efficiently.
• Represents the regional technology platforms against scrutiny by auditors and represents the technology department in senior committees and reviews.
• Solves the highest impact, highest profile problems with significant business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes and system processes.
• Responsible for EMEA AML Monitoring and Investigation application technology platforms ensuring BAU end-user availability, system stability and adherence to CTO policy and standards.
• Proven experience as senior level technology manager in enterprise-wide technology development, integration and deployments and excellent communications, strategy and problem management skills.
• Deep knowledge of the AML Monitoring and investigations processes and how they are facilitated by technology.
• Proven participation in the management of multiple concurrent initiatives while relying on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to effectively work with a wide range of business units and technology groups.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a proven ability to multi-task and successfully execute complex technical problems.
• Code and Design review capabilities.
• Ability to work in an environment with challenging deadlines and across a large organization.
• Discipline around the Software Development Life Cycle, and strong focus on the generation of high quality documents and artifacts, with the expectation that they will be audited.
• Real-world experience building business applications for business users.
• Experience in test planning and oversight, and the ability to benchmark test plans against requirements
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and document authoring skills.
• High client focus, high level of internal motivation, and the desire to work hard.
• Ability to assert influence and obtain results in a matrix environment
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or engineering.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer