10 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
Responsible for the successful delivery of allocated IT projects within the IT Programme:
* Managing time, risks, issues, budget and other resources accordingly.
* To ensure acceptance criteria are captured and met throughout the lifetime of the project and that KPI’s are met during the delivery stages.
* Prioritise tasks accordingly as appropriate to business needs.
* Work closely with the IT Programme manager to ensure adherence with the project and programme approach, integration with other IT projects and delivering to agreed scope/timescales.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety, quality, sustainability and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHESQ department.
* Proactively manage and update the project documentation (RAID log)
* Identify and manage project risk informing key business and IT stakeholders
* Build effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders including pre, during and post transition;
* Maintain appropriate governance on IT projects
* Management of the project budget
* Set-up and lead regular project status updates & meetings
* Understand business requirements (including capture where necessary) and translating requirements into service strategy, service design and operational plans;
* Undertake supplier and solution selection via PQQ and ITT process subject to identified business requirements
* Manage internal and co-ordinate external teams (if applicable) working together to deliver the project solution
* Plan, direct, co-ordinate, monitor, and report on activities relating to the project, from initiation through service transition to service acceptance and beyond into benefits realisation to agreed quality and process standards;
* Ensure projects have adequate support throughout their lifecycle including stakeholders and Early Life Support as required;
* Provide support and guidance to other IT project team members;
* Manage resourcing conflicts – including reprioritising as required and report appropriately
* Ensure projects are delivered via an appropriate project management methodology;
* Attend project and programme meetings as required;
* Provide regular communications across the business advising of project status;
* Provide support and guidance at IT project related workshops and technical support, input and guidance to new technology initiatives;
* Travel to offices throughout the UK (overnight stays may be required) to facilitate workshops/meetings
* Ad hoc activities as deemed appropriate by the Head of Programme
Skills / Experience
* Previous experience of duties defined in “Key Responsibilities & Duties section
* Previous project management experience
* Good planning, organisation and communication skills
* MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
* Microsoft Project training/certification (desirable)