19 days ago
Everyone at Amey works together towards this common aim, which we call our ‘Better Places’ goal. We’re a commercial business which focuses on helping our customers to serve Britain. Making things better every day for people and communities is at the heart of the way we work.
Today we are one of the most diverse companies in our sector. So at Amey you can grow in a specific sector or broaden your horizons by applying your skills to a new sector. You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To be responsible for the overall management of an IT Service.
What will this role involve?
* Develop and manage the Major Incident Process on behalf of Group IT, ensuring that there is a comprehensive response plan for major service disruptions
* Coordinate the response to all Major Incidents, ensuring adherence to the Major Incident and Change Management Processes
* Work closely with all key stakeholders to ensure comprehensive reviews of all major service disruptions, detailing the timeline of events, the actions taken to restore service and any post analysis recommendations to prevent future reoccurrences
* Work closely with the Service Design and Transition team to ensure that all Service Transition activities within IT Service Operations are planned, resourced and managed
* Engage with all operational support team stakeholders to ensure that all new Services and Service changes are effectively documented and communicated
* Take ownership for the maintenance and upkeep of the Service Desk Knowledge Base, ensuring all Service Transition work is documented and published, regularly reviewed for relevance and accuracy and where appropriate retired
* Take ownership of the IT Service Management tool, ensuring its effective day-to-day operation
* Develop and manage a programme of Continous Service Improvement works around the IT Service Management tool which includes feedback from Customer and the Operational Support Teams
* Contribute to the strategic direction of the IT Service Management tool, ensuring alignment with the overall IT Strategy for Group ITHelp to develop and produce a set of daily, weekly, and monthly management reports for the Infrastructure & Operations senior management team.
What are we looking for?
* Excellent understanding of project management methodologies
* Good understanding of ITIL and all elements of the Service Lifecycle
* Understanding of Business Intelligence principles
* Experience of producing reports for senior management review
* Understanding of Service Automation and it’s benefits
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication and listening skills
* Positive attitude and approach to work
* Ability to analyise complex data sets and make data-driven decisions
* Ability to undertake complex tasks, analysis and projects
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Attention to detail and a commitment to high standards
* Good leadership skills
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the operational running of relevant IT Service.