4 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The Carrier Relations & Roaming team sits within Tech UK which is responsible for delivering all aspects of Sky’s: Voice, Broadband and Mobile networks. Currently there is an opportunity within the Carrier Relations & Roaming team to bring on board an IREG tester for our growing roaming service.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too
As an IREG Tester you will work closely with the Roaming manager to deliver Sky’s Roaming strategy, you will be responsible for performing and coordinating functional roaming tests through both unilateral relations using Sky’s roaming hub or via direct ensuring that they deliver a quality service and adhere to all agreed SLAs. You will be responsible for performing International Roaming tests, performing SIGOS testing (training will be provided) and providing roaming support for operations, customer care and commercial teams whilst working closely with direct roaming partners, roaming hub, and our sponsored roaming provider.
Your key responsibilities:
• Assisting and supporting the Roaming manager in the delivery of the network rollout strategy to ensure Sky benefit from the best Roaming deals.
• Undertake the full set of standard Roaming tests including but not limited to:
- IR.24 for Voice and Short Message end-to-end functional capability specification for inter-PLMN roaming (Stage 4 testing). These tests are applicable for 2G and 3G CS environments.
- IR.26 supplementary services
- IR.27 tests for circuit-switched data services, Video calling, Group 3 fax, and alternate fax/speech
- IR.32 CAMEL interworking for prepaid roaming testing.
- IR.35 for GPRS testing
- IR.60 for Prepaid testing,
- IR.50 2G/2,5G/3G roaming testing
- IR.81 pro-active and reactive monitoring and assuring end-to-end roaming services quality
- Work closely with the selected roaming hub provider and strategic unilateral relations.
- Support operations issues on sponsored roaming platform with the roaming hub supplier and IMSI donor.
- Own and update Sky’s IR21 and IR21 database tool
• + 3 years’ experience as IREG tester/engineer preferable
• Degree educated desired but not essential
• Prior experience of IREG (NIS) processes and procedures and a detailed knowledge of International Roaming - SS7, MAP and core network systems
• General GSM, UMTS, LTE knowledge
• Good knowledge of CCITT N7 signalling protocols
• Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols is an advantage
• Excellent communication and strong influencing skills both internal and external
• A high attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of GSMA PRDS
• Worked in a MVNO environment desired but not essential
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better