about 1 month ago
About Network Rail…
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail –Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and state of the art ventures that this country has ever seen.
This opportunity sits in Supply Chain Operations (SCO), a division of Route Services that procures safe, sustainable, products and services that are in turn used to improve and enhance the rail infrastructure across Britain.
Our aim is to deliver excellent value and service to our customers, helping the rail industry to work together to deliver a more cost effective railway.
What do we do?
Our extensive supply chain network plays a crucial role in helping to run a safe and efficient railway.
· Buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
· Operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
Behindthe scenes we:
· Process £7,000,000,000 of payments.
· Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
· Make sure everyone’s wages are paid on time.
· Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387ground frames.
· Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls.
What will yoube doing?
You will be responsible for managing a diverse range of projects for our customers across the organisation, ensuring delivery to cost, time and quality. You will deliver excellent customer service, building rapport and creating lasting working relationships formed through trust and commerciality.
The ideal person for this role will have robust project management skills, be experienced in managing complex projects, controlling financial budgets and communicating and collaborating effectively to get the best from people. You will have a positive impact through showing initiative and continually learning from your experiences to ensure a strong work performance.
About the role (External)
What will you be doing?
1. Delivering your assigned projects safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and other specific legislation including construction design management (CDM) Regulations.
2. Providing a professional, first class, consistent and effective project management service to the clients, including project monitoring and reporting systems inaccordance with Railway Group, Network Rail company standards and guidelines.
3. Participating in the development of supply strategies and framework contracts.
4. Providing detailed input for compilation of the business plan and production of the possessions plan.
5. Controlling project change, risks and contingency within the project life cycle and provide all cost, contingency and programme details to enable the Sponsor to obtain authorisation for portfolios and projects.
6. Providing a safe working environment in the execution of work directly under the postholder’s responsibility, including development of project safety plans and other associated documentation.
7. Acting as CDM Planning Supervisor as directed.
8. Identify training needs in safety, technical and management areas for the personnel reporting to the post holder and contribute to their personal development.
9. Under take accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
10. Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
Job Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Do you meet the following criteria?
· Educated to degree level or equivalent.
· Member of project association.
· Commercial and financial awareness.
· Knowledge of the principles of investment processes and procedures.
· Knowledge of/experience in the UK rail industry.
· Relevant experience in the successful management of major and complex change projects.
· Experience of applying project methodologies.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy ormaternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status,sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personalcommitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
Network Rail positively embraces flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Network Rail adheres to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £42,336 - £47,628
As an arm’s length department of the UK Government,Network Rail is required to comply with a well-established pre-employment vetting process for all prospective employees.
Closing date: 26-Oct-18, late applications will not beaccepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes
It is a requirement of the role to live within 90 minutes commuting time of The Quadrant Milton Keynes.