6 months ago
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalisingBritain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project– to investment in world-class stations and major programmes ofelectrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverseventures that this country has ever seen.
Route Businesses function operates the railwayday-to-day. It delivers train paths, timetabling and train movements toenable safe performance and meet the needs of our customers. The function ownsand manages our business relationships with the passenger and freight operatorsand external commercial stakeholders. The functionalcustomer focused organisation provides clear ownership of operatingresponsibilities for all customers and stakeholders. The area delivery unitsare the building blocks of engineering and operations excellence.
To manage design and construction activities for allocated projects.
About the role (External)
· ImplementNetwork Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality,safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction,commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliantwith all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others asappropriate.
· EngineerProjects to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated designand construction contracts include reference to and are compliant withappropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formalspecifications and procedures.
· Manageall engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordableand meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsiblemanner for time, cost and quality.
· Maintainthe use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitativerisk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage theenvironmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Rail’senvironmental policy.
· Monitordesign and specialist consultants and contractors.
· Provideproject management advice in respect of all construction activities, includingtesting and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/orconstruction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of currentlegislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
· Internaland contractor’s design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
· Undertakereviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoringsafety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing andcommissioning and management systems is adequate.
· Carryout the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
· Identifyand share best practice across the various project teams.
It isimperative you have…
· Successfulrelevant experience in signalling engineering, ideally with involvement inconstruction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
· Technicalqualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
· Knowledgeof quality assurance.
· Anunderstanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment ofwork.
· CDM, riskassessment, engineering management competency.
It isadvantageous if you have…
· Membershipof a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degreelevel.
· Knowledgeof structuring safety cases in support of projects.
· Anappreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
· SixSigma Yellow Belt.
· Projectsafety management experience
· Yellowbook course.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age,disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy ormaternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status,sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or otherirrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet theessential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognisingthat employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart ofeverything we do, safe behaviour istherefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personalcommitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pensionschemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75%subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within thefollowing pay range: starting at £39,514per annum and increasing to £44,453 per annum
Network Rail is required to comply with UKGovernment standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all newstarters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to thebasic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are alsorequired to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous threeyears employment history.
Closing date: 25th October 2018 . Late applications will not beaccepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closingdate based on application volumes.