about 1 month ago
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largestcivil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Route Businesses plans, operates and maintains the railway day-to-day.Our business units – ‘routes’ – work closely with our customers, and areaccountable for improving customer service, safety, and performance, as well asproviding a value for money railway.
As Assistant Track Maintenance Engineer you will manage and direct the technical support team to provide production,performance, assurance, technical, analytical and data quality support to the Maintenance Engineering team.
About the role (External)
This role requires you to manage and direct the Technical Support team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures. You must also manage the engagement and development of individuals within the team, ensuring staff safety, surveillance and quality of work.
Manage and direct the Technical Support team to achieve business and functional objectives and meet key performance measures.
1. Manage development of individuals and the engagement of the team.
2. Manage the arrangements for staff safety and competence.
3. Monitor asset performance, reliability, productivity and efficiency.
4. Provide technical guidance and support.
5. Undertake survey and design work.
6. Manage the assurance and non-compliance process within the delivery unit.
7. Undertake technical inspections and investigations.
8. Provide local requirements to arrange track monitoring trains and receive outputs.
9. Maintain the accuracy of systems, databases and records.
10. Review and approve method statements and/or plans for design and/or work activities as required.
11. Undertake an agreed programme of staff surveillance, work quality and asset condition checks.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Relevant technical competence
· Knowledge of maintenance delivery processes and techniques
· Knowledge of safety and compliance management processes
· Knowledge of operational railway environment
· Detailed knowledge of relevant standards and procedures
· Design knowledge and experience
· Failure/incident management and rectification techniques
· Knowledge of other functional disciplines
· Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
· HNC/HNDor equivalent qualification
· Knowledgeof coaching techniques
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore arequirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personalcommitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes,a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy onseason tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: £39,515- £44,453.
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 26-10-2018. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.