about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The My Sky App Family is at the heart of providing outstanding customer service through both the iOS and Android apps which touch every part of a Sky customer’s experience. We solve a wide range of problems creatively and no two days are the same. You will be joining a diverse team where the focus is on collaboration, doing what’s best for the customer and our people, and having fun whilst we do it.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Create high quality software using Agile methodologies
– Develop modular frameworks that can be integrated into production apps
– Participate in the full software life cycle, including support and continuous integration
– Work with colleagues from other platforms such as Android or Web to increase code reuse whilst keeping a focus on native-first
– Drive continuous improvement within a self-regulating team
– Have plenty of opportunity to learn new things, as well as coaching and mentoring others
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– Strong experience in Swift, XCode, and building mobile applications for the iOS Platform
– RESTful services integration
– Experience and knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks
– Experience using Continuous Integration (Jenkins, etc)
– Hands on, demonstrable experience of designing solutions for feature requirements in the Agile Scrum teams and translating these into high quality code
– Knowledge and experience of a wide range of Agile methodologies and best practices (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc)
UK Tech: Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There’s also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
WHY WAIT? now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.