about 1 month ago
Investment / BD Developer or Manager
Investment / Business Development Developer OR Manager
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Edinburgh - (flexible)
EDF Renewables UK (“EDF RUK”) is one of the UK’s leading renewable energy companies, specialising in wind power and battery storage technology. EDF RUK develops, builds, operates and maintains wind farms and other renewable technologies throughout their lifetime. The EDF RUK portfolio of nearly 1,000 MW consists of 35 wind farms – including two offshore wind farms – and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe. In addition, EDF RUK is seeking to deliver further growth from its own development pipeline or though securing new acquisitions of projects and has more than 2GW consented, in planning and development.
Our Onshore business division continues to grow with exciting opportunities in Onshore Wind and Solar with new projects being acquired, and developed both as EDF RUK but also as Joint Ventures. In addition the team is at the heart of advancing new technologies and innovations such as Hydrogen production and co-location.
This will be a diverse, multi-discipline role where the successful applicant will be working on a range of different types of investments, primarily at post consent stage. Your ability to focus on the detail of projects including detailed project valuation and sensitivity analysis whilst maintaining clear programmes, action lists and other project management tools will be key, whilst at the same time solving challenges with a pro-active approach.
* Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with applicable Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) policies and procedures and take a proactive role in managing SHEQ performance for each project working closely with the Construction team and other key stakeholders. Health and Safety is our number one priority in EDF RUK.
* Prepare and own the investment case for projects, managing inputs from across the business and external suppliers.
* Manage projects through internal governance processes and external deadlines, involving relevant internal stakeholders as appropriate.
* Responsible for coordination of internal project teams (including analytical, engineering, construction and asset management colleagues).
* Manage project budget and costs, completing appropriate project management documentation.
* Support the negotiation of agreements required for the delivery of projects including land leases, planning condition discharge, grid connection, construction, plant procurement and operational contracts.
* Engage stakeholders to secure a route to market for projects such as CfD or Corporate PPA.
* A degree in a relative field or equivalent
* Able to demonstrate commercial acumen and a willingness to learn and improve.
* Ability to think strategically and understand key technology and commercial drivers.
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, be inquisitive and have a can-do attitude.
* Experience with in a project management environment, where you demonstrated high management standards.
* Knowledge of M&A processes would be beneficial, particularly power generation projects.
* Understanding of the project life-cycle and key project risks for different renewable generation technologies.
* An ability to review detailed contractual documents and a working understanding of the laws which impact the renewable energy sector for the technology the role is working with.
* An ability to understand renewable energy technologies and the enthusiasm to keep their knowledge up to date.
* Financial modelling / business case development. Including a high degree of commercial focus, with an ability to construct a compelling overarching narrative for each project, whilst ensuring the highest quality standards.
* A sound understanding and experience of the market, policy and regulatory environment and route to market challenges for renewable generation and battery storage in the UK.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk flex in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
Why EDF Renewables?
EDF Renewables is part of one of the world’s largest electricity companies and our investment and innovation in the UK is bringing down costs for consumers and bringing significant benefits for communities.
With our operational portfolio of 36 wind farms – including two offshore wind farms – and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe, from the Scottish Highlands to Northamptonshire, we are providing some of the much needed new affordable, low carbon electricity to the UK.
Work is well underway on the 450 MW Neart Na Gaoithe offshore wind farm project which is in the Firth of Forth and we’ve extended our Edinburgh office to accommodate around 60 new team members.
We have more than 2 GW of renewables projects in planning and development and a quarter of those are consented. We also have offices in Rainton Bridge near Durham and in London.
We know our people are our most valuable asset and we work hard to create a great place to work. This means we’re focused on creating an inclusive and fulfilling working environment, where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to thrive.