3 months ago
As an intern on our Software Tools team you will be improving and automating our system-testing framework. This includes working on and with the desktop application tool being tested, which is developed and owned by our team. You can expect to be learning the tested application (written in Java) and writing system-level tests (in Python). You will do real development work that helps the team develop and deliver our tool more efficiently, and learn to communicate and work effectively on a small team that practices Agile Scrum. Are you right for this role? If so, you can expect excellent development opportunities and a chance to get real world experience in a fun environment!
* Work to port a set of system-level tests written in Python from one framework to another.
* Understand and debug the desktop application tool that our team develops (Java).
* Collaborate with the local team to clarify, breakdown, and estimate requirements.
* Work with stakeholders and teammates to create, review, and implement designs.
* Learn good practices and techniques for developing software on a global team.
* Work within a large, globally distributed software development team that develops advanced software tools, running on Windows and Mac platforms.
* Learn as much as much as possible about Cirrus Logic products and the Solutions we provide our Customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications
* Actively pursuing a BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or similar relevant area).
* Understanding of at least one programming language (Python, Java, C++, etc.).
* Experience with Data Structures and Algorithms.
* Strong desire to learn both soft and technical skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
* Experience with Java and Python.
* Experience with Squish testing framework.
* Experience with Eclipse IDE.
* Experience with Unit Testing and Test Driven Development (JUnit, NUnit, MSTest).
* Understanding of version control (git, SVN).
* Experience with build and test automation (Jenkins).
* Experience in the development and automated testing of high quality software, full lifecycle.
* Prior experience writing engineering designs and documentation.
* Experience with Agile Scrum software development.
* Experience with UI Development.
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.