6 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
With the objective of offering high quality teaching and training materials to Universities worldwide, the Arm University Program is seeking an Intern who will develop Arm-based teaching and training materials packaged and tailored to professors and educators’ use.
This role will be responsible for the following:
* Assist and build appropriate hardware platforms for various teaching courses based on Arm and partner technologies;
* Program the above hardware platforms to perform a wide range of tasks to meet specific learning outcomes;
* Assist with developing corresponding teaching and training materials and documentations for the use of professors and educators worldwide. This will entail working closely with internal and external Arm University Program partners;
* Work with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the proper legal and quality standards of the materials are adhered to;
* Assist with teaching videos production;
* Maintain the above material in line with emerging developments from Arm and partners;
Are you a good fit for Arm?
You have completed at least one year of a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
Essential Skills and Experience
* Embedded Systems Design and Programming
* Digital Systems Design
* Good knowledge of the C/C++ and assembly languages
* Project management
* Interpersonal skills, communication skills (oral and written)
* Ability to work under direction and independently
Desirable Skills and Qualities
* Deep understanding of Arm architecture
* Experience of using Arm-based MCUs
* Teaching experience at University/College level
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
Collaboration and communication – Your ability to craft lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
Creativity and innovation – Possessing a real passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft your work to deliver truly impactful results.
Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road