10 months ago
Any UK Base
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. People matter, results count.
The focus of your role
Sitting within Custom Software Development (CSD), the Solution Architecture function is a key team bridging the needs of our Application Development and Digital Experience capabilities. The team consists of solutions architects covering traditional and Digital architecture concerns, including Integration. We take ownership and accountability at all stages of the lifecycle for the technical solutions we design, deliver and run for our customers.
Capgemini Integration Architects combine deep understanding and experience of shaping Integration solutions with the personal skills and credibility to lead and guide some of the best technical teams in the business to successful delivery. With the ongoing adoption of more and more cloud-based components, the enterprise Integration landscape is more challenging than ever and our Integration Architects take accountability for ensuring that the end-to-end Integration solutions we create for our customers fulfil their expectations of high quality and cost-effectiveness.
We offer you the opportunity to work on some of the most interesting projects going, with high-profile clients from every business sector, and great architecture communities and delivery teams. Often large and cutting-edge in nature, these projects will require you to be pragmatic and versatile, with the capacity to rapidly take on new skills as you are exposed to new technologies and ways of working as required.
What you’ll do
This is a challenging role, demanding high standards, engineering rigour and a robust approach to the management of technical risk. The specific responsibilities will vary by project, but the role of the Integration Architect is predominantly to:
· specify and own the Integration-specific aspects of enterprise & solution architectures
· govern the Integration process across all phases of delivery
· oversee technical teams in the design, build, test & operation of Integration solutions
· manage third-party relationships around end-point systems involved in end-to-end Integration
· actively support and contribute to the wider Capgemini Integration Architecture community, capability development and associated best practice
What you’ll bring
We are looking for the highest-calibre individuals who exhibit the following attributes, experience and skills, enabling them to deliver rapid value to our clients:
* Experience as a senior Integration specialist or lead on at least one major Integration project, reinforced by having implemented at least 3-4 other significant Integration solutions
* Extensive experience in a broad range of Integration concerns, including but not limited to: Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Integration / iPaaS, ESB and SOA service based Integration, messaging systems, legacy Integration
* Understanding, appreciation and preferably some implementation experience of API Management toolsets and the use of APIs to underpin the Digital revolution
* Demonstrable architectural appreciation and delivery experience (e.g. via project experience and certification) of at least two Integration (cloud / on-premise) and API Management products (e.g. MuleSoft, IBM Integration, Dell Boomi, Oracle Fusion, SAP NetWeaver and HANA Cloud Integration, Microsoft BizTalk and Azure Integration, Software AG WebMethods, Apigee, CA, OSS products)
* Good understanding of Integration and application architectures in the public and private sectors
* Experience in design and delivery of service-oriented architectures
* Experience of software development waterfall and Agile lifecycles
* Demonstrable experience in the elicitation & specification of architectural and non-functional requirements
* Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, continuous Integration, Devops
* Excellent communication & influencing skills with proven ability to lead teams and deliver innovative, but realistic, solutions to complex client problems
* Proficient at communicating strategies, policies and complex technical issues to both business and technical audiences; comfortable when presenting to a senior audience
* A good appreciation of the cost drivers in systems delivery and operations and the commercial consequences of the technical decisions made by you and/or others
* Ability to develop productive client relationships at different management levels and identify and develop opportunities for new business
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience
* A good, degree-level education is highly desirable.
Essential Personal Qualities
* Have a broad knowledge of IT and deep, demonstrable expertise in at least one Integration technology
* Importantly, be both keen problem-solver and expert communicator, able to keep the big picture in mind and work with diverse sets of stakeholders to create and deliver ‘balanced’ solutions, successful for all
* Have a focus on getting the job done and done properly
* Be willing to learn, grow and stretch into new roles and different industries/domains
* Have a fully-flexible approach to working hours and working away from home during the week; willing to work nationally, with the potential to work internationally if desired
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
November 2, 2018
(i)GCSE or equivalent
Permanent Full Time or Part Time
Any UK Base