21 days ago
Integrated Risk Manager
Integrated Risk Manager, Flexible Location (Gloucester, Bridgwater or Aztec West), Competitive Salary & Benefits
Closing Date: 3rd May 2021
We are currently looking to recruit an Integrated Risk Manager. As an Integrated Risk Manager, you will work under the direction and leadership of the Head of Integrated Risk. Your main responsibility will be to drive and influence the Integrated Risk Management policy, processes and framework. You will support the Business in making effective and efficient risk-based decisions, increasing delivery certainty and stakeholder confidence by leading a proactive risk management culture across HPC.
You will be an integral part of project delivery directorate which is designed to positively contribute, influence and underpin success across Engineering, Procurement & Manufacturing, Construction & Commissioning of the HPC Nuclear Power Station.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Driving an outcome based Integrated Risk Management framework, exposing key risks and interdependencies focused on alignment of top down / bottom-up risks and cross-mapping risk areas and exposing interface gaps.
• Challenging effectiveness of mitigation strategies and major assumptions; understanding lifecycle of the risk and potential compounding effects, challenging the uncertainties of risk over time by considering the ‘so what’ and ‘what if’ to underpin prioritisation and timely decision making.
• Collaborating widely across the HPC project - Areas, Programmes and Functional teams - to help ensure effective engagement on risk information; ensure insights and updates with the appropriate tone and context.
• Enabling robust review and challenge of programme level risks that may impact overall Project level strategic risks, supporting the Programme Directors to ensure that significant key risks are adequately assessed (including interfaces) based on evidence and balanced judgement to underpin regular, timely information, which is streamlined and factually correct.
• Reviewing and ratifying information and insights for onward communication to key stakeholders providing visibility of risks from a local level through to Directors, Executive team & Board level (the ‘Golden Thread’).
• Supporting best practice in Integrated Risk Management standards and behaviours across the Project and at all levels; continuous development of the risk management approach by capturing and sharing operational experience and learning.
You will be characterised by the following knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• A natural integrator with an ability to ‘join the dots’ across a complex and fast pace environment. Ability to link information and turn into insights, ideas, frameworks or proposals, which are consistent with the needs of the business. Takes timely and appropriate action recognising/considering and understanding the implications of decisions.
• Can quickly build trust and sustainable working relationships across multiple teams. Advanced influencing and stakeholder management skills; effective at interfacing at all levels both internally and externally on a range of complex and challenging topics.
• Delivering clear and concise Executive level insights to drive robust decision-making utilising commercial and technical information to influence decisions which support robust management of risks.
• Independently assurance, maintaining a healthy scepticism and acting as the ‘devil’s advocate’ to mitigate against group think and optimism bias possible at any level of the organisation.
• Management experience in a complex, highly regulated industry (ideally nuclear or energy) working in a role, which requires active integration management and senior level influencing with multiple stakeholders.
• Practical experience applying fundamental project and business risk management principles and interfaces with wider management processes with an ability to effectively lead outcome driven sessions with cross-functional teams.
• An understanding of project infrastructure interfaces and operational requirements (engineering, manufacturing, construction & commissioning).
• Proven track record in driving and challenging risk mitigation strategies whilst considering interdependencies and interfaces between areas.
• Knowledge and understanding of the UK regulated environment and licence obligations.
• Experience of leading development and implementation of risk management strategy and policy (standards) to deliver positive business outcomes, ideally programme for high value assets.
• Tenacity and commitment to deliver outcomes to challenging timescales in a regulated environment; effectively planning and organising to balance immediate and longer-term priorities.
• Pragmatic and systematic using information to identify key risks and make evidence-based decisions.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues within and across organisational boundaries to achieve mutually successful outcomes.
• Ability to challenge the ‘status quo’ and generate / empower others to generate innovative ideas and opportunities for improvement. Track record of overcoming resistance to implementing changes which deliver business value.
• Fosters partnerships and builds cross functional collaboration.
• A proven communicator and team player with experience working in an agile matrix team structure, providing support, expertise, and robust challenge to many cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams at all levels in the organisation.
• Supporting the Head of Integrated Risk in always maintaining an independence regardless of the seniority, to have healthy scepticism and acting as the ‘devil’s advocate’ to mitigate against group think and optimism bias, which is possible at any level of the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Please let us know if you require flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application. We’re happy to talk about flexibility in line with the requirements of this opportunity.
#WeAreEDF and are leading the transition to a cleaner, low emission electric future, tackling climate change and helping Britain achieve net zero.
We are leading the UK's nuclear renaissance, we’re constructing a new nuclear power station at Hinkley Point C, with plans for new power stations at Sizewell C in Suffolk and Bradwell B in Essex. Around a fifth of the UK's electricity is generated by our eight nuclear power stations, helping power our customers' homes and businesses.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.