7 months ago
Insurance Advisor South
Job number: UK12160
Company/Division: Enabling Functions
Career area: Finance & Accounting
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Insurance Advisor South to join our Enabling Functions team to work in London.
To provide support to Insurance Managers and the team by carrying out day to day insurance related activities in a timely and efficient manner.
What you'll be doing
As an Insurance Advisor, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Support SBUs in contract and tender reviews;
* Place project specific insurances as required;
* Investigate incidents to an appropriate level and obtains relevant documentation for issue to insurers ensuring this is completed on time and to the required standards;
* Provide information for claims defence or to justify claims;
* Handle insurance queries, advise those with a query to resolution or escalate to the Insurance Manager for assistance;
* Produce scheduled reports (e.g. weekly, monthly and quarterly);
* Live the Balfour Beatty Values.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities and experience are essential:
* Has knowledge of the construction industry and construction contracts;
* Some knowledge of insurance claims;
* Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion;
* Is a team player with good interpersonal and influencing skills;
* Is a self-starter who can manage their own time and proactively seeks and executes activities that will add value to their function.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.