9 months ago
UK - Enfield
Efficient Natural Resources
Vacancy: Instrument Technician
Location: Enfield, Brimsdown
Job family: Engineering.
Working within the Maintenance Team and reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, the purpose of this role is to perform tasks necessary to ensure safe, compliant and efficient operation of all primary and auxiliary production equipment and utility support systems supporting operations at our site in Enfield, Brimsdown. The majority of your time will be spent on instrumentation tasks, including repairs, calibration and testing, but will also include minor project work and assisting in additional maintenance duties where priorities require.
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
* Providing a skilled execution of Planned, Reactive & Corrective Instrumentation maintenance activities to ensure the ongoing reliability of equipment across the plant
* Effective problem solving and electronic/electrical fault diagnosis skills, adhering to identified work priorities to ensure that customers and stakeholders are supported in their daily operational needs
* Identifying and carrying out occasional plant modification work to help enhance plant safety and improve efficiency
* Conducting Inspections, testing, calibration, adjustments and monitoring tasks as required to maintain efficient plant and build-in equipment reliability.
* Updating the CMMS with work progress and demanding spares as required for work tasks and/or to maintain critical stock levels.
* Cooperating and collaborating with other team members to continually drive our proactive engineering programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues within the plant
* Supporting the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant and equipment to ensure improved levels of future plant reliability and maintainability
* Interpreting technical drawings for planning, executing and specifying material to support job duties
* Ensuring that all relevant departmental administrative requirements such as: time sheets, work orders (WMO), stores purchase requisitions, etc. are completed to ensure concise work history and financial accountability
* Carrying out statutory and other testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation
* Taking ownership of your own training and development plans to ensure continued development of your own skills and expertise, undertaking additional training skills when required to keep abreast of technology changes, and the changing needs of the business
* Issuing of permits and control of contractors
* Adherence to Life Saving Policies and Management of Change procedures
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have/be:
* An Instrument/Control based qualification to HNC Level or equivalent
* ECI maintenance experience in a manufacturing/chemical industry
* Experience of working with Profibus networking would be an advantage
* Must have a general knowledge of electrical low voltage, 120 VAC, 24 VDC with a control circuit knowledge of 4 to 20 mADC input/output
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 24th January 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.