about 1 year ago
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: Instrument Technician
Job Family: Engineering.
We are looking for an Instrument Technician to join our Maintenance Team in Royston.
Working within the Maintenance Team and reporting to the Team Leader, the majority of your time will be spent on instrumentation tasks, including repairs, calibration and testing, but will also include minor project work and assisting in additional maintenance duties where priorities require.
* Ensure the on-going reliability and accuracy of instrumentation across the plants
* Ensure calibrations are kept up-to-date and recorded
* Identify and report any current or potential issues
* Liaise with the maintenance team leader to agree work priorities
* Carry out Plant Modification work to help enhance both plant safety and efficiency
* Support the projects teams at initial design stages to offer advice on the correct selection of plant
* Ensure that all relevant departmental administration such as; time sheets, work orders (WMO), stores purchase requisitions, etc. are completed
* Carry out statutory and another testing on site to help maintain both ISO 9001 & ISO14001 accreditation
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
* An electrical/control based qualification to HNC level is essential
* Experience in HV Networks would be an advantage
* ECI experience in a manufacturing / chemical industry within a maintenance function
* Experience of safety related control systems and functional safety
* Some technical knowledge in Mechanical engineering would be desirable
* Resource management, in particular control of contractors
* Good Safety & environmental awareness
* Customer and performance focused
* Excellent communicator and positive can-do attitude
You will be required to work a rotating shift pattern working 5 days (7am-19:00pm) with following 4 days off.
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.