9 months ago
Title : Instrument Inspectors
Requisition ID :2018-26349
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Quality Assurance
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently recruiting for Instrument Inspectors with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Please note this position is only for expression of interests at this stage.
* Provide detailed reports based on the activities that occurred onsite within 24 hrs
* Raise non-conformance reports, punchlists or release notes on Client’s request
* Thorough understanding of interpreting electrical and instrument engineering drawings and geometric dimensions and tolerances
* Working knowledge of quality requirements to conduct piece-part, phased and final inspections
* Ability to demonstrate electrical inspection and measurement instrumentation skills
* Must have a keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and a precise, meticulous approach
* Significant previous experience of raising Non Conformance Reports and / or Punchlists
* Experience in ensuring all aspects of production are carried out in accordance with client procedures relating to HSE and relevant quality Codes of Practice.
* Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times and general housekeeping is maintained to a high standard.
* Reviewing that calibration check of all tooling and equipment relating to completing a quality product has been carried out correctly
* Review Work Order documentation is correct and completed to date before, during and on completion of the build process.
* Review the verification and sign off process generated documentation related to the manufacture of client equipment, in order to ensure that all the planned and specified requirements have been satisfactorily undertaken.
* To review product and process surveillance, including the liaison with manufacturing personnel to ensure that any problems identified and recorded are dealt with effectively.
* To review rejection records related to product build problems.
* To review specialist inspection techniques in accordance with build requirements
* Witnessing all required tests, highlighting any that have been missed
* Reviewing Recorded, analysed and interpreted test data
* Reviewing the Qualification of the final installation or system
* Preparing documentation and writing reports
* Working to British (BS), European (EN), Site Specific and other standards and legislation
Skills / Qualifications
* The ideal candidate must be apprentice trained or must have formal qualifications in relevant discipline
* Previous hands-on practical inspection experience using standard inspection tools is essential
* Must be available to able / willing to undertake a competency validation assessment
* Computer literate
* Fluent in English; written, reading and spoken
* Up to date knowledge of standards, directives and legislations inc IEC, API, ANSI, IEEE17th Edition, ATEX, AGA etc
* Must be able to demonstrate good personal and company HSE awareness
* Must have a keen eye for detail, superb communications skills and a precise, meticulous approach
* Experienced in working to ISO9001 : 2015
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.