5 months ago
Instrument Concepts Architect - Satellite Payloads
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a Europeanleader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy has arisen for an Instrument Concepts Architect within Airbus Defence and Space in Portsmouth.
In this role you will be the project technical authority during the life cycle of the project. With technical responsibility for producing the system logical and physical architecture and ensuring its early phase studies through design, integration and validation phases of Earth Observation Payload Systems.
This work will also involve derivation of requirements and generation of high-level specifications; development and maintenance of performance models.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main task and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Manage technical relationships with customers
- Coordinate a multidisciplinary team to develop a system/product/service, through the early phases of the project lifecycle
- Capture customer needs, define technical requirements, and turn them into a feasible solution by proposing an architecture
- Secure development process and expenses engagement by performing early validations and refining system requirements
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of engineering requirements and designs
- Manage technical relationships with suppliers.
- Demonstrate the system performance through verification and tests
- Ensure system consistency: linking the correct lifecycle stages, control sub-systems compliance, operate trade-offs over discipline-based constraints
- Anticipate and manage transversal technical and business issues, arbitrate between solutions considering all aspects: reusability, optimization, opportunity, schedule, quality, cost, risks, safety and performance.
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
The required skills for this role are as follows:
- Demonstrable relevant experience in Payloads instruments, preferably synthetic aperture radars / radar altimeters / scatterometers or passive microwave instruments.
- Project management capabilities
- High standard of written and oral communication
- Degree in Physics, Electronics or related Engineering discipline or MSc in an appropriate subject
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit ; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.