8 months ago
Innovation Solution Developer
Information Technology (IT), Product Management and Development
Job Reference #
Do you like collecting new business ideas and quickly developing solutions? Do you enjoy collaborating
with a wide range of stakeholders?
We’re looking for someone like that who will:
– coordinate the evaluation of new technologies based on design, code quality, security, and data usage
– develop technical solution options for the innovation pipeline
– work closely with the developer community to assess impacts and feasibility of innovation ideas;
– help develop project proposals;
– actively maintain relationships with the other labs and the external FinTech community
You’ll be working in the IB Innovation Lab which is a small, newly-forming team of exceptionally talented engineers, mathematicians, developers and Front Office professionals. The team's aim is to help the business identify viable opportunities for innovation, and to build business cases rapidly. Our business is well suited to the curious and intellectually-honest, those who are not blockers and are committed to working collaboratively with others to help our business grow. We all play a personal part in the growth of the IB and deliver tangible results to our revenue targets, and your creativity and enthusiasm for new ideas will help drive this forward
– a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
– a minimum of five years of hands on software development experience
– a minimum of five years of design engineering experience, ideally including new system design
– a comprehensive understanding of application development lifecycles
– prior experience working in at least one iterative development methodology environment (RAD, Kanban, SCRUM, Lean)
– prior experience working in multiple modern technical platforms (cloud-based solutions or mobile app development, software as a service)
– an excellent understanding of core Java, with a proficient understanding of new features in Java 8 and above
– able to communicate enthusiastically on Innovation Lab projects and express your view in a clear and compelling manner across diverse groups
– familiar with all forms of digital technologies, and passionate about and motivated by emerging technologies including those in AI and Machine Learning
– a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
– known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.