8 months ago
Innovation Prototype Developer
Information Technology (IT), Product Management and Development
Job Reference #
Do you like collecting new business ideas and quickly developing solutions? Do you enjoy collaborating
with a wide range of stakeholders?
We’re looking for someone like that who will:
– coordinate and drive the Rapid Application Development (RAD) of innovation prototypes
– responsible for full stack development in the Innovation Lab including integration and data
– deploy new technologies to the lab environments for technical evaluation
– work with the wider development community to assess feasibility of integration with existing solutions
You’ll be working in the IB Innovation Lab which is a small, newly-forming team of exceptionally talented engineers, mathematicians, developers and Front Office professionals. The team's aim is to help the business identify viable opportunities for innovation, and to build business cases rapidly. Our business is well suited to the curious and intellectually-honest, those who are not blockers and are committed to working collaboratively with others to help our business grow. We all play a personal part in the growth of the IB and deliver tangible results to our revenue targets, and your creativity and enthusiasm for new ideas will help drive this forward
Your experience and skills
– a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
– a minimum of ten years of hands on software development experience
– prior experience in developing full-stack application prototypes including user interfaces, data structures and integration
– prior experience working in multiple iterative development methodologies (RAD, Kanban, SCRUM, Lean)
– prior experience working in multiple modern technical platforms (cloud-based solutions, mobile app development, software as a service)
– an excellent understanding of core Java, with a proficient understanding of new features in Java 8 and above
– able to communicate enthusiastically on Innovation Lab projects and express your view in a clear and compelling manner across diverse groups
– familiar with all forms of digital technologies, and passionate about and motivated by emerging technologies including those in AI and Machine Learning
– a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
– known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.