11 months ago
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
We’re always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they’ll love. And it’s the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Are you a motivated, passionate and highly experienced DevOps Engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding role? Would you like to be intimately involved in the delivery of Sky’s current and future set top box products to millions of homes in the UK and Ireland?
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the DevOps Team within PDD, you’ll be responsible for configuration and maintenance of the infrasturcture required for the PDD department
* The DevOps team currently maintains more than 40 virtual machines using VMWare virtualised environment managed using vCenter.
* Most of the systems maintained are predominantly from the CentOs/RedHat environment with a few instances of Windows. The DevOps engineer will be required to fully configure bespoke systems on request.
* The EPG development team has a number of critical systems hosted on their own private network and minimal system downtime is essential. The configuration of this network is also an essential part of the DevOps position.
* The DevOps actions are implemented in an agile environment managed by Atlassian tools, namely Jira.
* Automation is a critical part to the DevOps team success, thus the DevOps engineer is required to automate as many processes as possible in the form of RPM/script/images/Jenkins.
* A strong team player, enjoys collaborative working and loves to be challenged
* Degree or equivalent in computer science, electronics engineering, communications engineering
* RetHat Certification desirable (or 3 years hands on linux admin experience)
* You are a “generalist” – you are able to write well thought-out, good quality code in different programming and scripting languages (i.e. C, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Bash)
* Trouble-shooting complex issues with deployed systems
* You know a lot about Systems Administration on Linux and have some hands-on experience working as a DevOp.
* You’ve worked with Agile teams before
* Experience of improving and simplifying development and operational processes via automation
* Previous experience with Hudson/Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
* Excellent UNIX and Linux skills (administration, development, trouble shooting, bash scripting)
* JVM based web applications support
* Python Scripting knowledge (else Perl or Ruby)
* Object Oriented design and development techniques
* Multi-threaded and multi-process application management
* Network troubleshooting and knowledge of the TCP/IP stack
* Monitoring tools, e.g. Zabbix
* Virtualisation experience, e.g. VCenter, VSphere, EXsi 4.0/5.1
* Supporting existing platforms which include Virtualisation, SVN, Jira and Confluence
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better