2 months ago
Title : Infrastructure Security Architect
Requisition ID :2019-39110
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Information Technology
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Infrastructure Security Architect to join our global information technology team. Wood is a global engineering company with over 60,000 employees operating in more than 60 countries. This role could be based in any one of our global hubs for the right person. The role will require On-call availability and periodic overtime and travel.
The objective for the Infrastructure Security Architect is to design and align Wood Infrastructure Security with Enterprise Architecture strategy.
The role bridges Business and Enterprise Architecture strategies with Infrastructure Technical delivery teams ensuring infrastructure platforms are fit for purpose.
* To assure a continuous infrastructure improvement model, and assist with business related infrastructure design requests
* To maintain the strategy and roadmaps for infrastructure technologies
* To review and adjust both strategy and roadmaps annually
* Creation and maintenance of Architecture roadmaps for Security related aspects of IT infrastructure
* Align Infrastructure Architecture roadmaps with Enterprise strategy
* Identify new technologies and concepts and assess against Wood Business goals
* Develop, approve and evaluate IT Proof of Concepts in support of Infrastructure roadmaps
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for infrastructure spending and initiatives
* Technical Design Authority member
* Escalation for design, implementation and problem resolution
Skills / Qualifications
University degree in the field of computer science or equivalent experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Good experience in IT Operations and/or Infrastructure Architecture
* Experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development
* Excellent knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, programming, media, and desktops
* Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
* Technical experience with systems networking, databases, data center management, and user support
* Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations
* Excellent understanding of project management principles
* Proven experience in planning, organization, and development
* Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
* Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems
* In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues
* Areas of expertise should be in security design around one or more focused technologies: Cloud computing, O365, Networking, Mobility, Server/Storage, and Collaboration
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.