9 months ago
Title : Infrastructure Process Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-24943
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Knutsford
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently recruiting for a Process Engineer at either Consultant or Senior Consultant level in our Knutsford, Cheshire office. Our Environment & Infrastructure team provides a wide range of environmental and engineering services, covering all aspects of solid waste management and treatment, water and wastewater treatment.
Our Process Engineering Team is looking to expand, increasing its skill base in the provision of process design.
The role requires:
* Undertaking the role of Subject Matter Expert (Waste Management) leading in provision of specialist technical direction and guidance
* Extensive knowledge and experience in the treatment of municipal solid waste to recycle materials and recover energy from fuel;
* Knowledge and experience of Anaerobic digestion, Materials Recovery and Composting
* Experience in the development of technical solutions from concept selection, through design development, installation and commissioning
* Familiarity in carrying out site investigation, problem identification and solution development
* Managing all aspects of process design/engineering packages
* The ability to work with multi-disciplinary engineering teams
* Effective input into business development and drafting of proposals
* The ability to liaise directly with clients’ personnel
* The ability to work in multi-disciplinary engineering teams, including managing the input of more junior process engineers
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in process/chemical engineering or chemistry, with membership of an appropriate professional institution
Skills / Experience
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the treatment of municipal solid waste
* Able to work effectively within multidisciplinary design teams and demonstrate effective leadership of process design, managing junior engineers
* Experienced in building and maintaining strong customer relationships and effectively contributing to proposal writing and business development initiatives
* Knowledge of the industrial / commercial waste sector
* Consultancy experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.