5 months ago
Infrastructure – Chemical and Process Engineering Summer Placement Scheme (2018)
As a Process Engineering undergraduate within our Mechanical, Electrical and Process Engineering team (MEP), you will help to support our clients across the Water sector in the UK and internationally.
Our MEP team provides mechanical, electrical, ICA (instrumentation, control and automation) and process engineering skills and expertise to water companies, supporting their capital (both new build and refurbishment) and operational (problem solving on existing sites) projects and programmes.
Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, we offer opportunities to develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Join us in our vision to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy and future technology.
Ailsa is an Assistant Process Engineer within the Infrastructure division. Here she is talking about her experience at Atkins, in her own words, with her own camera!
What you’ll be doing
* We can offer you a Summer placement with our Chemical Process Engineering team for 8-12 weeks during summer 2018.
* Working towards your Master’s degree in process engineering you’ll get the opportunity to develop your capability in a wide range of exciting projects including; water and wastewater treatment, sludge treatment, pumping stations, pipelines, cooling water systems and computer aided design (CAD). Water, both clean and dirty, is a critical resource needing careful management and you could play a key part in this!
Key activities will include:
* Feasibility, outline and detailed process design work
* Working with and developing process tools such as mass balances and process flow diagrams
* Development of design solutions for clean and wastewater applications
* Technical report writing
Where you’ll be based
We have opportunities in Epsom and Bristol
Who we’re looking for
* Talented undergraduates working towards MEng/MSc degree (or equivalent) in Chemical/Process Engineering
* Available to commit to a 8-12 week placement, and following this placement returning to full time education
* Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities
* Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
* Ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Want to learn more about who we are, our staff and what makes their life at Atkins so great? Click here to understand more about our culture and let us show you what life #InsideAtkins is all about!
Rewards & Benefits
Atkins offers a competitive salary, to find out more details about our rewards and benefits click here.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible
For details on the recruitment process click here.