3 months ago
Information Security Manager
Airbus Defence and Space Corsham (Skynet)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Information Security Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Corsham. The successful applicant will join our Virtual Security group.
The Information Security Manager (ISM) will take end to end accountability that will include defining, developing, delivering, enforcing and reviewing an enterprise grade Information Security Policy, IT Risk Management practice and associated processes, procedures and standards for the Skynet programme. There are currently 130+ targets of accreditation. The main objective of the role is to manage the Information Assurance (IA) Governance and accreditation of the Skynet programme.
The applicant will be a Self-starter and pro-active in maintaining security subject matter expertise and knowledge as part of the wider Skynet Security Team. The ISM will also have a thorough understanding of security policies, principles and processes. Excellent verbal and written communication is the key aspect of the role, both in the customer facing security forums and within the security and engineering team environments.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team at a key time in the group's history. Plans are in place to expand significantly and the group is currently liaising with external consultants in reshaping the group for it's future success. You will be integral to these decisions and have the opportunity to mould the future of this role and the team.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Security Management & Governance:
* Development of IA Strategy
* IA Governance
* Lead security training and awareness programmes.
* Chairing and participating in various working groups and security meetings with the UK MOD and other stakeholders.
Security Information and Risk Advisor:
* Threat and risk evaluation against best practise and HMG Standards.
* Maintenance of the Skynet UK HMG accreditation for core, miscellaneous services and supporting architectures
Information Technology Security Officer:
* IA & ICT Security Policy and procedures, security incident handling.
* Review configuration and updates to ensure software and infrastructure are protected.
* Compliance & Audit
* Security Monitoring.
Information Assurance Architect:
* Ensuring that engineering, system and service designs meet the business security requirements.
* Provide leadership to ensure that Technical Security is progressed in a cross-team environment, this includes subcontractor management as required to achieve business goals.
* Manage security testing platforms, including leading forensic investigations and mitigation procedures.
* Assist in migrating information assets and environments into compliant, secure systems.
This role may required occasional travel to other Airbus sites across the South of England (primarily Portsmouth and Stevenage) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Proven experience in similar IA / Security role
* A background working with the MOD, including a good knowledge of the rules & regulations involved and a understand contract restrictions
* Experience working with and producing RMADS (Risk Management & Accreditation Document Set)
* CCP, CISSP, ex CLAS or equivalent (desirable)
* Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills