about 1 month ago
We are looking for a curious and driven Industrial Engineering – Placement Student to join our placement programme which will give you the opportunity to deliver results whilst working in various engineering teams on cross functional and challenging projects for our Components Business Segment in Huddersfield . During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways :
* During your 12 month placement, you will rotate across three technical areas encompassing a mix of technology, hands-on roles & product engineering.
* You will be involved in unique project tasks related to technical development of turbochargers and have the responsibility of contributing to real projects with tight deadlines and significant scope.
* Be responsible for performing experimental tests on diesel engines and turbocharger test stands.
* Work directly with customers to solve technical problems.
* Support and independently lead your own challenging technical development and process improvement projects.
* Performing design simulations and analyses of next-generation turbocharger components and systems.
To be successful in this role, you will need the following :
* We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering, Project Management & STEM-related subjects and not graduating this academic year.
* A Team player who is collaborative, capable of critical thinking, with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
* Good communication skills, written and verbal.
* Able to understand and manipulate complex data sets.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-West Yorkshire-UK, Huddersfield, CTT St Andrew's Road
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student - Internship
Job Posting Oct 20, 2020, 4:53:33 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200002JY