19 days ago
We are looking for an enthusiastic Indirect Purchasing Placement Student to join our team specializing in Purchasing for our Corporate Segment in Darlington. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Review and Approve internal purchase requisitions to ensure they comply with the Global Financial Policy
* Collect and report data from our Ariba internal ordering system and present the Spend Analysis to the Sourcing Managers
* Arrange regular Ariba Workshop training to requisitioners via Zoom, and occasionally at the Business Units.
* Co-ordinate activities such as the annual supplier segmentation, supplier code of conduct and quarterly PR audits
* Report monthly UK and European Catalogue Analysis
* Complete a project which delivers a process improvement within the Indirect Purchasing department.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
* Studying for an undergraduate degree in a business related discipline or Finance degree
* Must have a good knowledge of Microsoft excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Clear and concise communication skills (written and verbal) and attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple long term projects whilst meeting short term deadlines.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Cummins Engine Co Ltd
Job Type Cooperative / 12 Month Placement
Recruitment Job Type Student - Cooperative/12 Month Placement
Job Posting Nov 5, 2020, 10:29:56 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200002I9