6 months ago
Location:UK : Home Based (LR_L000125)
Department:GB110158 : Birmingham Energy LI SOUTH (GB110158)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
To assess the design, manufacture and in-service aspects of engineering assets, against agreed Codes, Standards, specifications, procedures, using experience and knowledge appropriate for routine situations.
* To perform assessments and provide advice for service delivery within agreed parameters that include budget constraints and contractual requirements.
* To produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in a defined format.
* To discuss/present the deliverable with the external client and be able to assess alternative solutions where appropriate.
* Undertake routine administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
* To assess/ recommend the time/value of the work to be undertaken for an external client within an agreed fee/cost structure and issue quotations up to an agreed limit and Lloyd’s Register’s standard terms and conditions (e.g. Commercial Notice).
* To pursue Continuing Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.
* Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
* To give technical guidance to other employees, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
* To assist in service delivery improvement by communicating to internal/external client feedback as appropriate.
* Assess the risks and work in a safe manner at all times, robustly implementing health and safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises your safety or health.
* Report in a timely manner all incidents including near miss and safety observations (NMSO), accidents and injuries and raise any health and safety concerns with your line manager.
To be considered:
* Shall possess a relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
* Shall possess sufficient relevant working experience to demonstrate good awareness of the relevant specialist requirements, knowledge and application.
* To be addressed within authorisations framework Will be unsupervised for some authorisations. May be supervised for others.
* Thorough knowledge of material, welding and pressure vessel construction codes, particularly PD5500 and ASME Section VIII
* Knowledge and understanding of EC Directives e.g. PED 2014/68/EU
* Knowledge and understanding of PSSR, LOLER, PUWER
* Good working knowledge of IT, including Work, Access and Excel
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Surveyor, Engineer, Construction Line Supervisor, Engineering