4 months ago
Location:UK : Home Based (LR_L000125)
Department:GB110158 : Birmingham Energy LI SOUTH (GB110158)
Position Type:Employee Regular
Education Required:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
To assess the design, manufacture and in-service aspects of engineering assets, against agreed Codes, Standards, specifications, procedures, using experience and knowledge appropriate for routine situations.
Your duties will include
* To perform assessments and provide advice for service delivery within agreed parameters that include budget constraints and contractual requirements.
* To produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in a defined format.
* To discuss/present the deliverable with the external client and be able to assess alternative solutions where appropriate.
* Undertake routine administration as required in line with current processes and procedures.
* To assess/ recommend the time/value of the work to be undertaken for an external client within an agreed fee/cost structure and issue quotations up to an agreed limit and Lloyd’s Register’s standard terms and conditions (e.g. Commercial Notice).
* To pursue Continuing Professional Development and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness.
* Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
* To give technical guidance to other employees, as appropriate, and disseminate information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
* To assist in service delivery improvement by communicating to internal/external client feedback as appropriate.
* Assess the risks and work in a safe manner at all times, robustly implementing health and safety rules, instructions and systems and refuse to undertake work that compromises your safety or health.
* Report in a timely manner all incidents including near miss and safety observations (NMSO), accidents and injuries and raise any health and safety concerns with your line manager.
To be considered you must have
* Shall possess a relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
* Shall possess sufficient relevant working experience to demonstrate good awareness of the relevant specialist requirements, knowledge and application.
* To be addressed within authorisations framework Will be unsupervised for some authorisations. May be supervised for others.
* Thorough knowledge of material, welding and pressure vessel construction codes, particularly PD5500 and ASME Section VIII
* Knowledge and understanding of EC Directives e.g. PED 2014/68/EU
* Knowledge and understanding of PSSR, LOLER, PUWER
* Good working knowledge of IT, including Work, Access and Excel
The Lloyd's Register Group comprises charities and non-charitable companies, with the latter supporting the charities in their main goal of enhancing the safety of life and property, at sea, on land and in the air - for the benefit of the public and the environment. (Group entities)
Surveyor, Engineer, Construction Line Supervisor, Engineering