6 months ago
Immersive 3D Applications Developer - 6 Month Position (BRI0000BK)
: United Kingdom-Bristol-Bristol
: United Kingdom-Cardiff-Cardiff
Immersive 3D Applications Developer (Six Months) – Bristol
Would you like to join a team of 3D Visualisation Artists, Graphic Designers, Digital Developers and Specialists in Bristol? We work on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally.
Based in Arup, Bristol you will:
• Help create immersive 3d interactive applications for use with touch screens, AR / VR platforms and the web / mobile applications. Applicants should be able to demonstrate experience of building such applications.
• Be part of a team of 3D Visualisation Artists, Graphic Designers, Digital Developers and Specialists across Arup and be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to a variety of briefs turning work around efficiently and to a high standard.
• Need to be a proactive member of a global network of Visualisation Designers / Developers, often required to work on projects with other teams and help on projects in other locations.
You will be part of a team of 3D Visualisation Artists, Graphic Designers, Digital Developers and Specialists across Arup and be able to demonstrate a flexible approach to a variety of briefs turning work around efficiently and to a high standard.
Skills / Experience Required for the Role
• Qualifications, or equivalent experience in a related discipline.
• Extensive Unity3D knowledge.
• Java-script, C# and Python.
• Experience in development of AR and VR applications, for example HTC Vive.
• Strong design portfolio.
• Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated and organised.
• Professional and approachable attitude.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of 3d modelling software e.g. 3d Studio Max.
• Working knowledge of Unreal Engine and C++.
• Geospatial experience / GIS.
• UI / UX Design.
• Web deployment.
Arup is an independent firm of Designers, Planners, Engineers, Consultants and Technical Specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Shape Your Time with Us
How can we best work with you? Whether you’re a parent, a carer, a student, or just have a busy lifestyle, it’s not always easy to commit to standard working hours. At Arup you have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time. If you're interested in any of these options, please let us know when you apply and we'll discuss how this could work in your role.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by Arup and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition, all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
The vacancy is being managed by Samson Barraclough – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17th December 2018