9 months ago
Image Processing and Computer Vision Engineer
Role Title and Location: Image Processing and Computer Vision Engineer, Bristol
Job Ref No: P8151BF
Directorate: Engineering Directorate
MBDA Level of role: Level 4
Reports to : Image Processing Team Lead
An Image Processing and Computer Vision engineer at MBDA will develop and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms incorporating detection, classification, tracking, reconstruction, and restoration tasks across a range of imaging modalities including visible (RGB), Infra-Red (IR) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR).
A successful candidate will become a key member of a dynamic team working within the Image Processing department at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. Responsibilities will include researching, developing and evaluating algorithms that integrate into wider complex weapon systems across all stages of the lifecycle. This will either be through externally or internally funded research studies to investigate algorithms for future developments, or as part of fast-moving and challenging product teams.
What we are looking for from you?
* Preferably PhD qualified in related area, applications from candidates completing their PhD are also welcome
* Ideally a degree with strong mathematical content e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science
* A keen interest in cutting-edge technologies and their applications
* Relevant experience, Post-Doctoral or Industrial, is a strong advantage
As an Image Processing and Computer Vision engineer you will be expected to cultivate a broad and in-depth knowledge across a variety of applicable fields and topics. However specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
* Image Processing algorithms e.g.
* Segmentation, Filter Design, Noise Reduction, Compression, Image Fusion, Super-Resolution
* Computer Vision algorithms e.g.
* Target Acquisition, Tracking, Optical Flow, Kalman Filtering, Pose Estimation
* Computational Imaging e.g.
* Compressive Sensing, Synthetic Aperture Radar, Doppler Beam Sharpening
* Deep Learning e.g.
* Classification, Detection, Siamese Networks, Residual Learning, Deep Embeddings, Recurrent Networks
* Machine Learning for classification and regression problems e.g.
* Support Vector Machines, Probabilistic Models, Neural Networks
* Domain Specific Signal Processing e.g.
* Multi/Hyper-Spectral, RF, IR, SAR
Ideally you will have some knowledge and experience in.
* Matlab, Simulink and/or Stateflow
* Python including PyTorch, TensorFlow, OpenCV
* Model Based Design
What's great about this opportunity?
* You will play a key role in the development of our complex weapon systems, and gain in-depth knowledge of their design and functionality
* You will interface with engineers from a broad range of disciplines e.g. Guidance, Control & Navigation; Simulation & Modelling; Software Engineering; Hardware-in-the Loop; Systems Design & Validation; Seekers & Datalink Systems
* You will be exposed to cutting-edge technological innovations
* You will have the opportunity to work within an international discipline that has strong links to MBDA sites in France and Germany
* You will have the opportunity to attend workshops and conferences both nationally and internationally
What’s great about joining this team?
* Has a central role in the concept definition and development of MBDA’s products.
* Gives depth of experience and opportunity to all team members.
* Successful track record in achieving project milestones on time and on budget.
* Stimulating environment and rewarding opportunities.
* Good team spirit and functional identity.
* Frequent exposure to high-profile, fast-paced projects.
* Continuously striving to bring benefits to products through innovation.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.