24 days ago
: Jun 17, 2021
: Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-London
: Risk Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. The Firm’s equity Sales & Trading operations provide liquidity, distribute content, and create product solutions to help our clients generate alpha. The Equity Financing Products department acts as a strategic partner to more than 800 top hedge fund managers: executing and clearing trades across asset classes, time zones, and currencies; providing financing and expertise to help manage risk and benefit from technology; and consults to help launch new funds and connect with them potential investors.
Morgan Stanley is looking to recruit an Institutional Equity Division Counterparty Risk Manager
* Participation in the client onboarding process including due diligence calls, fund prospectus analysis, sample portfolio analysis, documentation negotiation, account opening approval, etc.
* Day-to-day approval of electronic trading limits and given-in limits
* Day-to-day approval of OTC derivatives transactions and setting of initial margin levels
* Daily monitoring of margin calls, collateral disputes, and settlement fails
* Daily monitoring of client intraday trading activities with a focus on any outsized and / or concentrated exposure beyond the firm’s credit appetite
* Ongoing monitoring of tail risks and gap risks and potential collateral shortfall, including ad hoc risk analysis in response to market events
* Ongoing review of client trading limits via the daily limit reconciliation process
* Ongoing regulated fund review via regular checks on material changes in fund NAV, AUM and review of fund factsheets
* Ongoing escalation of potential counterparty risk concerns to senior risk officers and senior management
* Ongoing development of risk metrics, technology, processes to improve the scope, depth, precision of counterparty risk analyses
* Ongoing production and development of risk reports for senior management reporting
* Participation in various regulatory initiatives, e.g. UMR / SIMM
* Participation in the New Product Approval processes
* Ongoing communication with the 2nd and 3rd Line of Defence on all counterparty risk subjects in relation to Cash Equities, Prime Brokerage, Equity Derivatives, and Stock Lending
Skills Required (Essential)
* Strong technical degree, such as mathematics, engineering, or finance
* Experience in a similar risk role and / or experience in Equity Derivatives
* Product knowledge in Equity Derivatives including options, variance / volatility swaps, and other exotics
* Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Strong communication skills
* Strong Excel / Powerpoint skills
* Ability to follow market trends and determine the counterparty exposure impact
* Ability to work with Sales & Trading professionals under pressure in a fast moving and demanding environment
* CFA or FRM is preferred but not essential
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees