2 months ago
ICE Mechanical Team Leader
23 Mar 2018
Advertising End Date:
Application Closing Date:
The Engineering Team Leader has responsibility for leading and developing their team of product engineers who in turn have responsibility for component and system level engineering of the Top End and Bottom End of the Power Unit.
The Team Leader is responsible for delivering right first time solutions through outstanding engineering that respects the departments policies and procedures.
The Team Leader is responsible for challenging their engineers for perpetual improvement in Power Unit performance & reliability through innovation in line with the top level Company objectives.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
• To lead and develop a Team of Engineers who have designated areas of ‘Specialism’
• To engineer world class solutions to requests in line with departmental policies and procedures.
• To continually deliver right first time design solutions.
• To champion best practices, and be the gate-keeper for the quality of engineering within their Team.
• To represent their Team in the key meetings including project, performance and fault meetings.
• To develop departmental processes to support world class engineering.
• To develop their Team through coaching, 1:1’s, objective setting, and mid and end of year reviews.
• The health and safety of direct reports and others within the work environment
• Day to day management of employees and employment issues.
• Adherence to company policy, procedure and UK legislation
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• Experience of engine component design is essential
• Experience of engine system design is essential
• Experience in top end and bottom end engine construction design;
Cylinder Head, Valves/Guides/Seats, Camshafts/Gears/Bearings.
Cylinder Block, Main Bearings, Crankshaft , Connecting rod, Pistons/rings/pins
• Good understanding of gas exchange and thermodynamics of the internal combustion engine is essential.
• Previous experience managing a team is desirable
• It is essential that the applicant possesses a high grade degree in a relevant engineering subject.
• Chartered, or on the path to being Chartered
• Ability to manage a team to top performance.
• Can do attitude.
• Engineering enthusiasm.
• Structured approach to problem solving.
• Technical creativity and curiosity.
• Close attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrates accountability and credibility.
• Previous experience of managing a team