13 days ago
Hydrogeologist - Consultant
Requisition ID :2020-80785
Work Location :GB-Shropshire-Shrewsbury
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
We are looking to expand our Water Management team by recruiting a Senior Consultant Hydrogeologist who is keen to support and help manage our wide range of projects. Our preferred locations for this position are Shrewsbury, Knutsford or Bristol but other UK locations will be considered.
Our Water Management team, within our Environment and Consents Business Unit, works across a wide spectrum of services covering hydrogeology, water resources, water quality, environmental assessment, hydroecology and hydrology. Our hydrogeologists apply their skills and knowledge to a wide range of projects related to water resource assessment, numerical modelling, groundwater quality investigations and aquifer protection. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of clients including water companies, regulators, central and local government as well as the private sector. This may include work beyond the UK in the EU and wider international projects.
You will lead and provide technical input to a variety of office and field-based projects covering all aspects of hydrogeology. You will plan, lead and undertake field monitoring programmes and investigations which require appropriate attention to HSSE. You will be involved in leading and supporting the development of proposals for new projects. You will often work in multi-disciplinary teams providing technical contributions to projects, data and information collection and analysis.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic, flexible self-starter who is capable of both independent work and working as part of a team. You will be a highly motivated, numerate candidate with excellent communication skills. You will have the ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and finding solutions to new challenges.
Skills / Qualifications
* You should have a good understanding of UK hydrogeology and of the environmental and regulatory framework of UK Water Management. You should have experience and understanding of water management issues in the UK and Europe, as well as an interest in creatively solving these problems
* You will be highly numerate with strong analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills and ability to write high quality concise reports
* Experience in leading projects
* You will have significant experience in use of MS Office tools (Excel, Access) and use of GIS packages such as ArcGIS. Some knowledge of groundwater modelling packages such as MODFLOW is desirable.
* Valid UK Driving licence
* Degree-level qualification in either Geography, Geology, Earth/Environmental Science or Civil Engineering
* Post graduate qualification in Hydrogeology or a related subject
* Demonstrable experience as a hydrogeologist in consultancy, Water Company, Regulatory or academic fields
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.