7 months ago
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
HVAC Project Manager - Ulverston
Your responsibilities need to include:
* Reviewing plans, specifications, submittals and other contract documents to create a job plan for the successful completion of assigned projects.
* Scheduling and supervising the installation, fabrication and start-up labour on assigned projects.
* Managing effectively the manpower planning for future projects, including direction of specialty subcontractors.
* Interfacing with the client while the project is being completed. Keeping the client updated on progress.
* Maintaining a strict schedule for the HVAC technicians and other workers.
* Performing job cost tracking and forecasting for final project costs.
* Supervising the procurement of necessary equipment and materials.
* Controlling job cost, closely monitoring necessary tasks.
* Performing monthly job cost reviews reporting profit status to management.
* Maintaining a professional rapport with architects, engineers, building owners, installers and suppliers.
* Attending necessary job meetings.
* Assuring that contractual obligation have been met and that all close-out documents are submitted.
* Adhering to safety best practice.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
* Significant experience in similar role for at least 5 years.
* Knowledge of construction processes.
* Knowledge of HVAC systems, ductwork, piping and controls.
* Ability to read and interpret construction documents, plans and specification.
* Supervisory skills to plan, direct, organise and control the activities of others with limited supervision.
* Decisive individual with a strong mechanical aptitude.
* Strong communicator with people skills.
* Good IT skills.
* A degree qualification in engineering, mechanical or construction management is preferred but is not essential.
* Professional memberships are an advantage but are not essential.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”