16 days ago
Base Location: Hampshire, Berkshire, Slough or South West London
Salary: Competitive + company car /car allowance + bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working options available
What is the Role?
The key purpose of this position will be to support the Regional Commercial Manager and Team in providing commercial support within the region for High Voltage works. You'll provide end to end commercial support, including developing the commercial strategy for specific projects or contracts by maintaining and maximising profitability and minimising risk. You'll also support regional stakeholders on general commercial matters in order to reduce risk across the business.
Main responsibilities for this role will include:
- understanding and negotiating contract terms for projects and mitigating risks these may place upon SSE prior to any agreement.
- maintaining dialogue with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to contract administration status of specified projects,
- ensuring that the internal reports of the projects are accurate in respect of risk, costs incurred, projection of costs to spend, contingency and liabilities, variations, claims, Sub-Contract management, sales declared and consequently profit declared.
- Pre-Contract support - review and negotiate Terms & Conditions, assisting with Tenders, Bids and negotiations to manage and minimise risk in line with our Corporate Governance
- Provide end to end Commercial Management and Contract Administration on Contracts and Projects
- Be proactive in your approach to providing commercial support and resolving issues and disputes
- Ensure entitlement to recovery of revenue, variations and costs are fully demonstrated and recovered in accordance with the Contract
- Improve accuracy and robustness of Budgets & Forecasts
- Support implementation and embedding of Commercial processes
- Manage Subcontractors and Supply Chain to deliver the project objectives and minimise disputes, claims and domestic variations
- Ensuring timely issue and receipt of Valuations, Applications, Payment Notices along with critical focus on WIP, Debt and Cashflow
- Provide general advice, challenge and support on contractual matters, including; tender settlements, subcontract negotiations, preparing and reviewing CVRs, settling final accounts, claims, variations, monthly P&L reviews, and budgeting & forecasting.
What do I need?
You will be a self-starter who is degree qualified (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying with demonstrable previous experience in the role, preferably overseeing High Voltage packages of work in a construction or engineering environment.
You will have a comprehensive commercial understanding of contract price build-ups and proven experience in managing Contractual relationships between clients, customers and contractors.
You will have an excellent ability to read and understand contract clauses and documents and be adept at communicating these to all levels within the business.
You will be an analytical and methodical individual with a professional attitude to your work. You'll have excellent people management skills and be a team player, able to build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
It is an essential requirement for this role that you have a full, current driving licence.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact -******* / --******.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.