12 months ago
Human Factors Specialist (m/f)-TFEN-UKDY01521004
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Bombardier Transportation is committed to developing innovative solutions to move people within and between cities across the globe.
We are currently looking to recruit a Humans Factors Specialist for our site in Derby, UK
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Human Factors Specialist will ensure that users are considered as a central element of vehicle system and subsystem design and help realize products which are compliant with applicable Contractual, Legal and Standards requirements through the application of human factors knowledge and processes. The position requires the individual to manage human factors requirements at the vehicle and subsystem level.
The Human Factors Specialist will carry out work packages as part of multifunctional teams, propose solutions, analyse design proposals and liaise with other members of the Bombardier organisation to ensure that applicable requirements are met.
- Development of vehicle and subsystem requirements based on contractual and tender documentation, the company’s legal obligations, company Policies and Procedures
- Liaison with other parts of the Bombardier engineering team, subsystem suppliers and customer’s organisation to develop vehicle and subsystem concepts which comply with applicable requirements.
- Production of selected vehicle level and subsystem analyses
- The review of subsystem verification evidence from the supply chain
- Development and execution of vehicle level verification activities and production of appropriate evidence of compliance
- Degree in Human Factors, Ergonomics or another related field;
- Master’s Degree desirable;
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Experience in developing design proposals, their analysis, user testing and solving problems;
- Able to support the design of complex engineering systems and interfaces;
- Experience of systems integration and an understanding of system architectures;
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with a range of audiences and multifunctional teams on technical matters – engineering communities, customers, senior management);
- Mentoring skills
- Rail experience desirable;
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping to create a better world.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Human Factors
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular