about 1 year ago
Title : Human Factors Consultant
Requisition ID :2018-31111
Work Location :GB-Gloucester, Gloucestershireshire-Gloucester, Gloucestershire
Department / Discipline : Tech Safety
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
It’s a great time for you to join us.
Wood is growing its offices in Gloucester, Gloucestershire and Bristol on the back of significant opportunities in the nuclear new build and existing generation programmes. We are winning new contracts and want you to join our team. We are a professional, friendly and supportive team, who can offer exciting development opportunities across a range of projects. The south west of England is dynamic and thriving environment in which to take your next step in your career.
We’re looking for people
Who have experience or transferrable skills into the nuclear industry or other highly-regulated industries. Whether you’re beginning your career or already operating at a senior level, we’d like to meet with you and discuss the exciting opportunities on offer.
We are a people business
People are at the heart of Woods business. We work together to deliver the best outcomes for our customers and we're united by our values of Care, Commitment and Courage. As we as aspiring tto technical excellence we are passionate about diversity and inclusion: we are members of Women in Science and Engineering (WISE), have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant and have Mental Health Champions in all our nuclear offices. We also have a technical support network in the nuclear business, through the Head of Profession network. This enables planned progression and support to undertake roles aligned to the current and future nuclear generation assets.
Wood is recruiting Human Factors Consultants to support ongoing challenges and opportunities in the nuclear generation, new build, clean-up, processing and defence sectors. Our Human Factors Team is the largest nuclear-focused human factors consultancy team in the UK, with a broad range of skill sets and experience levels within the team. The team have an excellent track record in providing a supportive environment to develop its members to deliver excellence to clients. We have strong relationships with key nuclear industry clients, providing opportunities to support some of the most significant nuclear projects in the UK and internationally. There are now opportunities in this energetic and supportive team to manage and participate in nuclear new build and other projects for our nuclear industry clients.
* Human Factors analyses and studies in support of nuclear safety cases, liaising with Subject Matter Experts and safety case professionals to obtain the required supporting information, and develop appropriate human factors safety case solutions.
* Human Factors Integration activities to support multi-disciplinary design projects, working in collaboration with other technical disciplines.
* Production of high quality technical reports to meet project and client requirements.
* The ability to plan and manage own work and that of others to meet technical, budget and programme requirements to ensure client satisfaction.
* The ability to build and maintain relationships with key clients, including nuclear licence holders and regulators.
* Lead discussions with clients to understand their requirements and manage the production of contract proposals or contribute to multi-disciplinary project proposals.
Skills / Qualifications
* Relevant undergraduate academic qualification in appropriate field, i.e. ergonomics, psychology or suitable engineering degree and additional post-graduate degree, training or experience in human factors
Successful candidates will also have experience in a number of the following areas:
* Knowledge and experience of a broad range of human factors principles and methods, and their role and application within major hazard industries
* Human Factors Integration support to multi-disciplinary design projects
* Human error and reliability assessment
* System, equipment and interface design
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a good technical report writing ability
* Strong delivery focus with problem solving ability
* The ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
* Adaptable and able to work on a variety of projects, prioritising as appropriate
* An innovative, creative and pragmatic outlook to facilitate the delivery of effective solutions for our clients
* Knowledge of nuclear safety principles, standards and regulation would be beneficial
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations. You can also buy up to an additional week’s holiday and we also have a time off in lieu system. We are also introducing enhanced payment of family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* We are introducing private healthcare for all staff.
* Flexible benefits are also being introduced where you can have access to travel insurance, critical illness cover, dental benefit, childcare vouchers, cycle to scheme and more.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as group income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
JOIN US ON THE JOURNEY
You can also come along to our open event, bring a copy of your CV if possible:
DATE: 6 November 2018
VENUE: Gloucester, Gloucestershire Guildhall (Blue Coat Room)
TIME: 2 - 8pm
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.