7 months ago
The main purpose of this role is to help to develop and produce People Team Management information to assist the business in increasing efficiency and productivity and enable proactive People Team support. Develop and maintain system and process documentation, including development of relevant guidance notes and delivery of training to the People team and/or self-service users.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Ensure the ongoing sharing of best practice and up-skilling of People Team members Group wide, travelling to Operational Units as required.
* Be responsible for maintenance, quality and consistency of HRIS database information, including changing configurations and workflows.
* Troubleshoot, analyse, detect, identify and correct technical problems and deficiencies.
* Be able to support other members of the People Team/end-user community by providing “how-to-do” type of support – act as primary key contact to HRIS system for all Murphy users;
* Escalate any questions, incidents unable to answer in the first instance to HRIS system support team;
* Liaise with Murphy IT team to escalate technical issues and ensure that appropriate solution is found or issue further escalation to vendor, if needed;
* Work closely with Murphy IT to review and assess impact of new HRIS system upgrades – to find ways of limiting the risks involved in introducing new system upgrades;
* Responsible for developing, standardising and maintaining all HR reports which will provide management with information on compliance, operational effectiveness and people management e.g. headcount, turnover, performance, absence and more;
* Provide analysis and insight of key trends and/or areas of concern with recommendations for the user community;
* Learn any new HRIS system modules/functionalities, as required by the implementation program;
* Create and continuously maintain the necessary system governance documentation;
* Actively contribute to sharing HRIS system related information/knowledge with the wider user community (e.g. regular HRIS system email updates);
* Validate functional design specs, complete system changes and run appropriate tests;
* Work with the stakeholders on the data migration exercises and provide support as needed to mapping, cleaning and importing data into HRIS system;
* Provide support to the People Team Systems Manager – by taking meeting notes, updating project documents, scheduling meetings, collecting and consolidating information as required;
* Follow-up with project team members to verify status of assigned actions;
* Take the lead in controlling and tracking invoices and related professional service efforts by third party vendors;
* Work with various stakeholders to understand and document expectations of HRIS system – at various stages of the implementation;
* Create end-to-end process workflows;
* Complete tasks as assigned by People Team Systems Manager
* Undertake special projects on behalf of the Head of People Operations or People Director
* Attend and engage fully in any learning and development activities that are deemed appropriate by your line management
* Liaise with employees and line managers as required and in a timely manner, dealing with day to day enquiries and problem solve where possible.
* Work in the spirit of the company’s Investors in People accreditation, contributing to best practice.
Skills and Experience
* Previous experience in a HR systems analyst or management information role
* Experience of working within HR and a clear knowledge of producing routine workforce reports
* Strong understanding of gathering and manipulating large volumes of data in excel (e.g. formatting and formulae) and summarising findings
* Maintain system and process documentation, including development of relevant guidance notes and delivery of training to core HR team and/or self-service users
* High level of MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
* Ability to manage and build relationship with diverse stakeholders
* Knowledge of HR policies, guidelines and workforce trends
* Experience of using report writing tools such as Business Objects or equivalent