about 1 year ago
Title : HSSE Advisor (Contractor)
Requisition ID :2019-34068
Work Location :GB-Staffordshire-Longdon Green
Department / Discipline : HSSE
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood. is currently recruiting for a HSSE Advisor on a part time contract basis for approx 4-6 months.
You will have experience in the Transmission and Distribution and Power Industries (Civils) in addition to extensive HSSE experience.
This position will cover OHL Project's in the Staffordshire area and South West of England.
Provides challenge, support, assurance and expert advice on all matters relating to the Health, Safety, Security, & Environment (HSSE) in order for the project to achieve objectives and performance targets
Provide HSSE Advisory services for the project identified promote the adoption of HSSE best practice.
Promote an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all employees in, continuous performance improvement.
Detailed Services to be Provided
* Support the Beyond Zero ethos of Wood. through site prescence.
* Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSSE management system and progress against the Wood. HSSE Performance Standards.
* Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate
* Provide assistance and advice to the Project Manager with responsibility for HSSE.
* Contribute towards developing annual HSSE objectives for the project Monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness
* Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs and monitor delivery and recording
* Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HSSE objectives
* Produce HSSE performance reports as required
* Promptly alert line and functional management to significant accidents and incidents. Where appropriate be involved in the investigation and ensure that the findings are reported and appropriately shared
* Review accident and incident reports. Identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
* Planning, coordination and delivery of internal audits
* Close out of assurance actions in a timely manner ensuring that findings are reported and shared appropriately and opportunities for improvement sought.
* Maintain compliance with HSSE legislative requirements, to the given projects.
* Writing of technical documents such as investigation reports and audits.
* Part of project emergency response team
Skills / Qualifications
* Demonstratble and relevant experience in a HSSE Advisory role within the T&D and Power Industrywithin Civils Construction Projects*
NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
Incident Investigation training
IOSH Managing Environmental Responsibilities (or similar
Member of IOSH
* Technical Writing Skills
* Presentation Skills
* Communication Skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.