5 months ago
HSE Director I
HSE Director – UK
This position provides leadership in a project organisation and is primarily engaged in the management of the Construction HSE function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimise HSE related concerns. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. The position will make decisions in areas that may impact the project organisation and its employees, clients, budgets, policies, procedures, work practices or compliance programmes.
The purpose of this position is to oversee a project construction HSE function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimise areas of HSE concern. Key workplace focus areas include but not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programmes, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the productivity of the Company’s employees.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
• HSE activities on large-scale projects, usually in terms of Total Installed Cost of $250 million to $1 billion;
• Ensures project site adheres to company and regulatory HSE standards and guidelines
• Conducts onsite risk assessment and mitigation and participates in Constructability Reviews
• Manages, trains and supervises HSE employees, inspectors and other employees working in the HSE department.
• Manages the application of HSE procedures as established by the Company on a project site or in an office through departmental training.
• Provides guidance, assistance and advice to business lines, project management, and company organisations through interpretation of Company HSE practices and procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations
• Liaises as necessary between the Company, Client and regulatory agencies in order to provide assistance and resolution in regard to audits, remedial actions and other HSE related issues
• Makes decisions independently on engineering/scientific problems and methods relating to HSE using advanced techniques, modifications and extensions of theories, precepts and practices of the particular field, related sciences and disciplines
• Provides input for HSE permit preparation on projects by maintaining expert knowledge of current guidelines and regulations
• Develops, customises, and supervises the implementation of HSE programs.
Basic Job Requirements
• Runs gap analyses to identify and address programme gaps that may occur between Company practices, client requirements, and regulatory/legislative requirements in order to ensure that the project conforms to Company, client and regulatory/legislative requirements
• Initiates, fosters and maintains HSE standards and goals through company and/or project wide HSE programs.
• Supervises the monitoring of HSE metrics in order to provides recommendations to HSE management when necessary to meet Company HSE standards and goals
• Oversees the development of approaches and solutions to HSE-related issues and supervises proposals and the implementation of a course of action approved by the Company and the Client
• Oversees the collection, protection and data storage related to project incidents that may result in litigation
• Other related duties/functions as assigned
• Location - Based in the Farnborough Office
• Accredited degree in Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety Management
• Significant work-related experience in the field of construction HSE in any of the core industries (i.e. Petroleum and Petrochemical, Life Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Mining, Metals, Power).
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• The following additional qualifications/certifications will be preferred:
- Industrial Safety Diploma (Occupational Hygiene and Toxicology)
- Professional qualifications (i.e. CMIOSH)
- Certified Auditors for ISO 9001/ OHSAS 18001 / ISO 14001
- GBP£ Competitive plus benefits
This advert will open on as of Monday 6th June 2018 and close on Wednesday 18th July 2018
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.