5 months ago
HR Coordinator/Advisor (Fixed Term Contract)
Aug 14, 2019
Redhill, SURREY, GB, RH1 1SH
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 3066
Job Title : HR Coordinator/Advisor (Fixed Term Contract)
Business Unit Sector : PCL-CORP-HR
Work Location : UKREDHILL
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project :
To provide first level advisory service to the business and to support the HR generalists and the HR compliance function.
* Provide HR Advisory support to managers and employees concerning family friendly policies, flexible working and the like.
* Manage and conduct exit interviews/ identifying trends, absence reporting/analysis (including sickness) and Return to Work interviews.
* Provide basic support for employee relations issues commensurate with job role.
* Assist HR generalists with supporting their client groups on a day to day basis.
* Support HR project work as identified and agreed.
* Support HR generalists and the business in moving professionals around the business including assistance with personal travel plans, status change forms, notifications of changes to HRIS and payroll as appropriate.
* Contribute to compliance and updates of HR policies and procedures.
* Maintain data integrity: ensure overall data accuracy in HR systems.
* Analyse and track HR data for different reporting purposes: identify trends, produce ad-hoc metrics and benchmarking.
* Monitor and analyse reports from PeopleSoft, Performance Blueprint, ETS and the like.
* Maintain the UK visa tracker, conduct annual audits of the data, flag-up expiry dates and provide support for visa applications as required.
* Monitor the sickness tracker and sick pay entitlements, flag-up trigger points and the exhaustion of sick pay entitlement.
* Maintain the allowances tracker, flag-up expiry dates and conduct annual audits.
* Support the Company promotions, performance management, salary review process and other annual processes.
* In all internal and external contact, present a professional and positive image of the department and Black & Veatch as well as maintaining constructive relationships
* Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
* Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
* Experience within a professional Human Resources function
* Teamwork experience
* A-level standard of education or equivalent
* Strong communication skills, both written & oral at all levels
* Knowledge of employment law principles and their application commensurate with job role
* Strong Microsoft skills; IT confident
* Ability to prioritize
* Experience in a commercially driven environment
* CIPD level 3 qualified (CPP)
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.