5 months ago
* Employee status: Permanent
* Closing date: Ongoing
* Reference number: 43015
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment company with over 23 million customers across seven countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Home Communications Software Team
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
Your key responsibilities:
As the Head of Software, you will be expected to drive continuous improvements not only in terms of products and operational delivery, but also from the point of view of people development. Sky holds dear the development of its most important asset, its people, and management of this is a vital part of the role
- You ensure the team has the right capacity and capability to deliver our plans
- You lead challenges set by the Exec around such things as in-year efficiency savings, contractor tenure, contracture furlough, etc., to ensure these challenges are met and the impact clearly communicated to all concerned
- Provide regular updates to the whole team so that the team feels it has a clear identity and is ready to pull together to meet the challenges that we are set
- Develop and drive strategies for people development and build a working environment where people will want to work and deliver to their best of capabilities
- Setting objectives for your direct reports and then working with them to support them in the delivery these objectives
- Provide direction and leadership to the team so that we can develop and deliver our roadmap of products and features to the desired schedule ensuring the team are performing at their best by investigating issues and designing and testing improvements to make them even better.
- Ownership of product quality looking for opportunities to improve and ensuring there is no degradation. This includes diagnostics strategy and roadmap.
- In-Home networking and especially Wi-Fi capability are paramount to the Sky proposition, and this ought to be a key focus for the Home Comms software team
- Consistent record of being able to develop people and teams
- Proven leader in a technical / engineering environment, with meaningful qualifications and levels of experience
- Ability to inspire change
- Good awareness of the role support plays in all good network and technology design
- Effective communication and influencing skills up to Exec level
- Proven record of working with partners with the aim of driving continuous improvement of Sky’s products and services
- Ability to ‘think creatively’ to come up with pragmatic solutions to risks and issues
- Can do, positive, enthusiastic, pace-setter
Ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results? Apply today
We’re happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better