7 months ago
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
To undertake winter patrol operations through the peak winter season. This position is to support our winter maintenance operations and will be a 4 on 2 off or 4 on 4 off work pattern on an overnight basis and we aim for the project to begin in October.
What will this role involve?
* Maintain high technical standards
* Attend project and work briefings as required Drive/operate vehicles/plant requiring general and specialist skills including vehicle checks and Winter maintenance operations.
* Undertake winter patrol operations.
* Take responsibility for the safety of yourself and others within your team to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and safe operation to protect member of the public.
* Carry out vehicle checks prior to shift starting, correctly filling in defect books Record Drivers' hours Allocation and capturing time and resource utilisation in line with operated allocation system To keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, sub-contractors, the emergency services, the police, the general public, clients and customers.
What are we looking for?
* A valid HGV Class 2 license is a must, and the operator must poses a valid Drivers CPC qualification card.
* Previous winter experience and a loading shovel qualification would be preferred.
* Problem solving skills, Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of delivering solutions and Good communication skills.
What makes this role unique?
You will help to deliver a best in class service for our client.
Expression of interest
Expression of interest
Your application for this position is an application of interest. Whilst we might not have a position available right now, we are due to begin to recruit for our South West Scotland account. By applying now it allows us to contact you as soon as a position becomes available, should you be suitable for the role.